GOOD FOOT

Italic - inner monologuebold - past

bold - past

Chapter fourteen - GOOD FOOT

Later that evening (November 12, 2002) - 9:11pm

Justin was at his LA home with his best friend Trace and three girls. One was his cousin Rachel. The other two were friends. Jenna Dewan was a back-up dancer of his and Elisha Cuthbert was an actress.

He sat out back on the patio chair near the pool sipping on a bottle of beer. At the time, he was surfing the internet on his cell phone and enjoying the view of the pool and his friends swimming.

An incoming call from Beyoncé immediately got his attention. He quickly hit the ANSWER prompt, placing the phone against his ear. "Hello?"

"Hey." His heart fluttered. They hadn't spoken in over eight months, aside from bumping into one another at the gym. Words couldn't explain how excited he was just to hear her voice. But he didn't know what to say even though there was so much to say.

"Um..." He stood up, making his way towards the sliding door.

"Where are you going??!!!" Jenna shouted from the pool. "Aren't you getting in?!!"

"I'll be back!" He entered the house, proceeding towards the living room.

"Sounds like you have company. Is this a bad time?"

"No." He answered quickly. "No, I was just...I have some friends over. They're swimming and we were just...hanging out." He took a seat on the sofa. "I'm surprised that you called."

"I told you I would call you later."

"Well I'm glad you did." He paused, gathering up his thoughts. "So what are you doing?"

"Well I..." She hesitated. "I'm in Los Angeles for the week. I have a show to attend tomorrow." She was in Los Angeles? This was perfect, he thought. "I'm sorry. This is awkward. I know you're probably busy and...I'm sorry. I'll call you some other time."

"Wait. Bee..." He quickly sat up. "Can I come see you?" There was a moment of silence between them. "We can meet up somewhere. Or you can come here. I just...I really wanna talk to you. In person." He unsuspectingly felt a hand graze his hair.

He quickly looked back to see Jenna standing behind him on the other side of the sofa playing in his hair. "What are you doing?" He held up his index finger, gesturing her to give him a minute.

"I think we should talk too."

"That's great. Can I meet you somewhere?" Jenna was giving him this questioning look as she stood there with her hands on her hips. "Okay. I'll see you then." He ended the call, heading towards the stairs.

"Who was that?"

"A friend. I'm stepping out. I'm not sure if I'll be back tonight."