Chapter 3

Skye's POV

"You're sure?" Megan asked.

Sloan shook her head yes, and Megan's breath hitched in her throat. An action that would normally prompt me to comfort her, but that would be of no use as I am shaking within myself. Anger is seeping through every pore of my body. My head hot with the thought of revenge.  The only thing that will help rid me of this burning sensation is the pleasure I will gain from ripping Evan limb from limb.

Standing, I pull on my jacket, dust my pants off, and calmly head out the door. Megan's faint voice nothing but an echo in the background.

"Skye?" Megan's voice got louder and louder each time, until her hand gripped my shoulder and spun me around. "Skye, if you're going to do what I think you're going to, please don't."

"Too late Megan. My minds already made up." I seethed. Walking away.

"Please." She pleaded. "Isn't it better for Sloan? For Marci? If he gets the rightful punishment? You already know he's not even licensed for a gun. And this is aggravated assault. That's already twenty years." Megan explained.

"And why exactly are you defending him? Hm? Why exactly do you want me to spare the life of the scum who shot my sister? Your best friend?" I questioned.

"I'm not defending him! I'm just saying, you could get in trouble for stooping down to his level." Megan's voice trailed off into an echo and my anger finally got ahold of me.

"You know what? I get it. You used to love the guy right? Even though he's a monster? I mean I'm no saint but you know damn well I would never harm a hair on your head. Let alone Sloan's." My voice was barely even a whisper. I could tell from Megan's eyes she was afraid. "And trust me, I get why you're defending him. You are after all, just a confused straight girl right? With me for the experience?" My words were cutting her with each and every syllable. But still, I carried on. It was like a switch. "No matter, but I'll tell you this, you better hope to god, that the cops find Evan before I do. Otherwise he won't be the only one on trial for aggravated assault. Or in my case, murder."

With that, I walked away. Saying nothing more to anyone else. Not even to my mother when she asked me where I was going. I know my words hurt Megan, and I know that I need to make that up to her, and I will. After I make that son of a bitch pay for shooting my sister.

Keeping my stride, I walk straight to my car, unlocking the doors. I pulled out the lockbox from underneath my backseat, and opened it up. It had been a while since I felt the cool metal against my hand.  Smelt the lead in the air from previous rounds popped off.

It's time people know, you fuck with the people I care about, the worse it'll come back to you. Because I have no problem killing to protect the ones I love.

Practice makes perfect, right?