Chapter Five

Sloan's POV

Opening my eyes, I turn my head towards my mother. Who had woken me up with her soft sobs. I know she's worried about me, but quite honestly I'm okay. I'm in pain, but, I'm doing okay. The people I'm really worried about is Marci and Skye.

Marci because she's laying in a bed in the ICU, still induced in a coma. A coma she may never wake up from. Which means she'll die without me getting the chance to tell her the real way I feel about her. That I broke up with Chase to be with her. To be able to show her off to the world as my girlfriend. No matter how scared I may be. I just hope she pulls through. She's strong, I know she is. I just hope she's strong enough to pull through.

And as far as Skye goes, I wish I could help her. I know she has a lot of mental problems when it comes to anger. Problems that I'm guessing she was hoping Megan would've never found out about. But, in the end, it's like she has an alter ego of some kind when she's angry. Like a switch goes off and she's no longer Skye. Which I know scares her. Mostly because she has no idea how to control it.

"Hey mom," I called. She wiped her eyes and rushed to the seat beside my bed. Grabbing my hand with hers.

"Yes sweetie? Do you need anything?" She asked.

"Well, I just wanted to ask, how much do you know about Skye?" I pondered. I know she doesn't know about our uncle, or anything like that, but maybe she knows something I haven't seen.

"What do you mean sweetie?" She asked simply.

Waving it off, I picked up a magazine and began flipping through it. But I wasn't actually reading it, my brain was way too stressed for that. There's things I know about Skye, things I know she hasn't told Megan about. I'm just hoping my best friend will be able to handle it.

Just then, Dr.Adams came in. Holding a clipboard and some medical bandages.

"Hello, Mrs.Adams. It's time for us to change your daughters bandages." Dr.Adams explained. "This is my colleague, Dr.Foster. She will be performing the bandage change for your daughter." Dr.Adams explained.

Looking over I saw a lady dressed in black scrubs and a labcoat. She was undoubtedly very pretty.

"Oh, okay." My mother agreed. "If you need anything sweetie, I'll be right outside." I nodded, and she smiled.

"Okay, let's get started." Dr.Foster said, closing the door and drawing the blinds. "Okay, so first thing, I'm going to help sit you up, okay? I'll go slow, I promise." She said kindly.

Wincing, I nodded my head. Lifting my arms, I grabbed Dr.Fosters neck, as she gently wrapped her arms around my torso. Slowly lifting myself up, she brought my legs gently down, so that my feet touched the ground.

"Okay, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Dr.Foster asked, smiling.

I nodded. Not really wanting to talk much, as bandage changes hurt a lot more than I had expected. Seriously, I felt like when she finally pulled off the bandage it felt like she was ripping open the wound again.

"They don't tell you that it hurts most after surgery do they?" I asked Dr.Foster as she put the new bandages on my wound.

"Unfortunately, they do not. And typically when doctors say this will only hurt a little, more often than not, it'll hurt a lot." She explained, causing both of us to laugh.

"Well, you're not wrong there." I agreed. She was right though. Most doctors don't tell you how much something will actually hurt.

"So, what led up to you being shot?" Dr.Foster asked curiously.