Chapter:6

As I'm dragged through this fancy smacy dress store my mom is picking up multiple dresses. She's not even looking at them she's just going by if they're sparkly enough.

Just as I'm walking by a headless mannequin something caught my eye.

"Um mom what are they doing here?!" I rushed over to her freaking out.

"Oh they're going to help pick a dress! And you will have to pick one to escort you and dance with. Or of course I can pick!" she sang the last part.

Zach, Jay, Mark, Travis, Trevor, and Cole walked into the dress shop.

"Oohh fancy!" Mark called out in aww.

"Oh goodie! You guys are here just in time Rachel was just about to try on her dresses! Speaking of Rachel where did she go?" I hid behind a row of really long expensive looking dresses.

I felt a tug of my ear and I was dragged towards the dressing room with a bunch of dresses by my traitor of a mother.

The first dress was too puffy at the shoulders and a whole bunch of jewels that was not needed. Cole, Mark, and Trevor laughed while Zach, Travis, and Jay tried not to hurt my feelings.

The second dress strapless but the top squeezed my boobs and they were popping out. Of course this was a dress that was approved by the guys but I should slap all of them.

The third dress was just big all around. I looked like I was getting eaten by a monster.

"Um do you need any help searching for a dress? If you like I think I have the perfect dress for you." A sales girl around my age offered and I accepted.

I went back into the dressing room and tried it on and exited.

"Well what do you guys think?" scared that they won't like the dress I approved of.

No one spoke they just stared at me.

"Is it that bad? I'll go change." I frowned in disappointment.

"No!" The guys said in unison.

"It looks good on you." Cole stated and the guys agreed.

The dress was all white the top had black lace flowers that stopped around the waist. The black flowers were scattered on the white dress. It was long and sleeveless, a sweat heart lining.

I went back in the dressing room and change back to my shorts, t shirt, and toms. I came out and headed to the cashier rang up my dress.

"Um thanks for helping me find a dress....Erica." I looked at her name tag and smiled.

"No problem! It's my job. I'm glad you liked the dress. I saw it and thought it would look perfect on you. Especially with your pink hair." she giggled.

"Well thanks for helping! I can actually enjoy where my mother is forcing me to go." I smiled.

"What is it for?" She asked curious.

"Um the founders ball. My mom is apart of the committee." I said cautiously because of how embarrassed I was.

"Oh are you gonna be in the pageant?" she asked excited.

"Um yeah. you know about the ball?"

"Yeah my moms apart of the committee too! I'm gonna be in the pageant as well. So I guess this makes us competition. But don't worry I'm not one of those crazy competitive girls that just have to win and would do anything to win. I think those girls are ridiculous." She laughed after her rant.

"Same. I don't think I will try but I know for a fact my mother will be dressing me up like a Barbie doll." we both laughed at my Barbie doll statement.

"Oh hey Erica."Jay called from behind me.

"You two know each other?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah Erica goes to our school." I looked back at her and tried to remember if I'd seen her at school before but nothing.

"We don't have any classes. I am a junior and in standard classes unlike a smarty pants like you." she cleared up the misunderstanding.

"You know who I am?" I asked confused as to how she knew that I was smart.

"Um yeah everyone knows who you are."

"Time to go sweetheart you have a dance class with one of the boys. Oh and hello Erica I didn't know you worked here. Jay is out of the options sweetie he's gonna be Erica's escort. It was nice seeing you Erica but we must be going." My mother spoke.

"It was nice seeing you as well take care!" we left but I still was confused as to how she knew me or how anyone knew me. I thought I was invisible and no one knew I existed.

___________

Once we got home my mother grabbed a pair of diamond heels from my pageant closet.

You're probably wondering what a pageant closet is right? Well my mother always wanted a girly girl and well that's not me. She had a extra room dedicated to fancy jewelry, plenty of dresses different lengths and colors, and yes those evil monster shoes, heels so many different heels. She adds on to the closet 24/7. And of course some of them have never been worn but some have because of these fancy events my mother holds and is invited to.

"Um what are these for?" I ask holding out the heels.

"To match your dress of course! And you'll have to wear them today to dance in. Your lessons are soon so get ready." my eyes widen and I walk away to my room and slump on my bed.

"Oh and you'll be wearing this dress and necklace as well!" she placed a short dress with a sparkly pink corset and a tutu flared out and stopped right above my knees and a big diamond necklace.

I groan and do as I'm told. I put on the outfit and take a look in the mirror. Aaaaahhhhh why?!

I stumble down the stairs tripping on every other step.

"Ow ow ow ow ow..." I say on each step I take.

"You look gorgeous! But we must do something with your hair before we leave." I growled. Yes I said growl.

We go back up the bully stairs. And into my room. My mother sits me down on my bed and starts curling my pin straight hair. Then of course she still wasn't pleased. She went over to the closet and pulled out a big suitcase of make up.

I squirmed at the thought if what my mother was gonna do to my face. She put foundation on then applied light pink eyeshadow after she made sure that was absolutely perfect she put eyeliner then mascara, she made sure to outline my brows along with plucking, she added a light blush and a light pink lip color. She looked back at me like she was the first woman to walk on the moon.

"You look so gorgeous!" her eyes started to tear.

"Please don't get all mushy on me. Can we just get this over with?"

__________