Chapter 9: The Sword Art Tournament

"I guess we are ready to go now.", said Arthur as he and Artesia went out of the old house as they rested for the whole day. The morning sun were giving them hopes that everything will be alright.

"Well, I guess we should. We are so lucky to find this magical bag.", Artesia tapped the backpack on his back. "It's a small bag on the outside but it's larger than a truck inside! Yay! We can never grow hungry with this!". Artesia were now wearing her dark coat, pants, boots, and shirt. Her katana sword were firmly tucked on her waist and she made a strap on her right thigh so that she could easily pull out her gun.

Arthur sighed and pulled out his map on his pocket. Both of them stared at it as it was forming out their next destination.

"Huuuh? How could a Crystal of Truth be inside a Sword Art Tournament?", asked Artesia quizically.

Arthur silently frowned as he felt his stomach lurch.

"Hmm? What's wrong brother?", asked Artesia. "Even if we get to compete there, this is a cinch for ya, right? I mean, you already WON a tournament of Kendo and Martial Arts! What difference could a sword fight be?"

"I don't know, Artesia.", he answered as he put the map back on his pocket. He touched the handles of his two dark swords strapped on his back. Artesia gasped as he pulled both of them from their sheath. A sharp sound of high quality metal screech echoed around the mountain.

Arthur held both of his swords and went to battle stance.

"What's gotten into you!? Have you gone mad!?", said Artesia as she slowly backed down away from him.

"I can feel it, Artesia.", said Arthur with his eyes closed. "My swords and I are completely synchronized with each other. I can feel so much power coming up now that we have fully rested. But still what is this bad feeling I have towards this tournament?"

Artesia grumpily went beside him and smacked him, "OW!"

"Get a hold of yourself, dummy!", shouted Artesia crossly. "We are going to fight our way in just to find all these stupid stones to see our parents again right!? So stop being so chickened about a stupid tournament of swords! If only I am used on that type of combat then i'll slash every mouth of my opponents! But I am not. I don't even know how I could use my katana sword. I am more confident on my gunmanship."

Arthur stared at her with admiration and Artesia gave him a disgusted look.
"Stop looking at me like that, you freak! Remember one thing! My brother Arthur is NOT a weakling and if you ARE a weakling then get your face away from me!"

Arthur smiled sadly, "I'm sorry, Artesia. I guess you are right. We must get all the stones no matter what."

"Humph!", she grumpily said and folded her arms then looked away.

Arthur slowly put his swords back from their sheath and looked at the pendant dangling from his neck and chest.

"Dad... Mom... Please look after us.", he whispered as he pulled his black hood over his white hair to hide it.

"Why do you need to hide your white hair anyway? Are you ashamed of it?", asked Artesia.

"No, idiot. How can I be ashamed of what our parents had given me? I am proud of what I am. It's just that people would suspect us as we wear all-dark clothes and I have hair with unusual color."

"Then tell them you're already an oldie!"

"Oh shut up, Artesia.", said Arthur as he pulled out Kurogane's capsule while Artesia were laughing.

He pressed the button on it and smoke started coming out from it. He threw it away a little and soon Kurogane appeared.

"Woooow! I was wondering where the bike could be!", gasped Artesia in amazement.