Chapter 39: Legacies of the Legends

Reinhart looked at the door of Arthur's room which is just closed by Angelica. Her, together with the others, are looking glum.

"Lord Tyron... where is my sister?", Reinhart asked.

"We let her talk to him for now.", Tyron answered with a tired smile. "She could be the only one who may fix Arthur, the way he is now. He's... just going through a lot. Being here didn't end his miseries. Rather, it's been worsened."

"But why? Why is he acting like this?"

"Because more than anyone, he blames himself for being weak, unable to protect his comrades in battle.", answered Angelina. "He blames himself for Wilma's death, the fall of the Nightingales for lack of leadership skills, and Artesia's injury due to his lack of power. As a leader, all responsibilities rests upon his shoulder. The same happened to you, Reinhart, although your case was more complex. You also acted as a failure leader, so you must know how he is feeling right now. His comrades have almost died and he's taking it all by himself, thinking that he's not worthy of anything."

Reinhart winced as he remembered the day as he watches all his team members die right before his sight. He felt shivers down his spine and his head started to ache.

Angelina sensed his memories starting to break him. She approached and flicked him on the forehead.

"Ouch!"

"There. You feel fine?"

Reinhart's nightmare ended the instant she flicked him. "Yeah. Thanks, Head Captain Angelina. I think I know now what my friend feels. More than anyone..."

"That's right.", said Angelica. "Anyway, I advised Wilma to tell your story to Arthur. He may learn a lesson or two from your feat. Since Wilma's on the job, why don't you replace her and help us out for the preparations?"

Reinhart scratched his head and awkwardly laughed, "Why, of course, ma'am! I'll be glad to."

"Hahaha.", Angelica laughed and tapped his shoulders. "That's to be expected from the suitor of my princess! I won't allow you to see her until we finish, got it? Hahaha. I have nothing to worry for, right? After all, you are one of the dragoons that I raised years ago!"

Reinhart remembered her back on his childhood as being one of the teacher of the Divine School but disappeared one day.

"Geez. Stop teasing him, sweetie.", Tyron softly laughed.

"Alright!", Reinhart bumped his fists with determination. "For Artesia, i'll do anything!"

"That's my man.", grinned Tyron and they happily went out of the Royal Chamber.

-----------------

"Things seem to go according to plan.", smiled Cheska as she faced her husband in their office.

"Haha. You never stop with your schemes, honey.", David smiled while looking at the large monitor where it focuses on the Grand Hall's ornate decorations and other necessary things for the celebration.

"Why? It was fun.", Cheska giggled and sat at his desk. "Time flies so fast. It seems only yesterday when the two of us started flirting like the four of them on our school. I can't help but be so happy!"

"Geez.", David chuckled. He pressed a button on his high tech desk and Tsubasa's avatar appeared, wearing a dark suit.

"Greetings, Masters David and Cheska.", Tsubasa smiled at them and bowed.

"Tsubasa, how's the DNTG while on your expedition?", David asked excitedly. "Particularly our grandchildren?"

"Arthur and Artesia? Oh my! I'm quite surprised for them to use my systems without proper training!", Tsubasa beamed. "It was clear that they inherited the talent from the two of you. Artesia specializes on weaponry and flame manipulation like Master Cheska, and Arthur's forte is on technology and dual sword proficiency like Master David!"