vii. @claireaabell

Wow it's been a while right? Sorry for our disappearance from off the edge of the earth :') School is a hassle for everyone this time of year and let this be our Christmas/holiday chapter and hey good things take time ;) Today we have with us Claireaabell who was humble enough to accept our measly invitation for an interview! Let's dive right into it!

What's your full name?

Claireaabell: Due to my work commitment, I can’t disclose my full name unfortunately. However my real name is Claire. Many seem to think it’s fake haha.

How old are you?

Claireaabell: I am 29 years old, pushing 30! *huddles in a corner*

How did you discover Wattpad?

Claireaabell: I was reading on the app called Episodes, one of the stories mentioned they had a Wattpad account. I remember thinking “What the hell is Wattpad?” Curiosity killed the cat I guess. I ended up downloading it that night and I was obsessed after that night.

How did you get into writing?

Claireaabell: English has always been my strong point, it was a subject a enjoyed throughout High School, the only subject I enjoyed. I have always wanted to be a successful author and used to dabble in writing when I was younger from poetry, short stories and even lyrics. I never felt comfortable with my work and always thought they were terrible so I never showed anyone until now.

If you remember, what was the first book you ever read?

Claireaabell: Wow. That’s asking for too much! Haha I’m kidding! I think my first book was a book called Window by Carol Ellis. I think I’ve read that book at least a thousand times.  

Do you have a special place where you write your books?

Claireaabell: Honestly, I don’t really have a special place. As long as I can switch off the sounds around me, I can write in my room, living room or even on the train.

How did you feel when you saw that your book was featured?

Claireaabell: Haha it was so surreal. I remember I applied for it but didn’t think twice after that because I assumed they would receive too many applicants. When I got the message, I was smiling like a kid in a candy store and couldn’t wait to share the news with everyone.

What do you want to say to your fans?

Claireaabell: Honestly, it sounds like such a Cliche but I have the best freakin fans in the world! They are amazing, they are the main reason I now believe in my work because they are always so encouraging. I just want to say that I love my little bears so so much and there would be no me without them.

Are you going to or are any of your books published?

Claireaabell: I would love nothing more than to publish my books. I am definitely in the process of trying to get them published but we can only cross our fingers and hope that this will happen one day.

Any pets?

Claireaabell: I do! I have two dogs (both half maltese/half shih tzu) and a cat (a very fluffy one. Wouldn’t know the breed type lol)

How is life in Australia?

Claireaabell: Life in Australia is pretty good. The city life is amazing and my favourite part. We have the best food but I think I am a little biased. I would encourage all who can afford to, to come visit Australia.

Danielle: Totally agree with you! I also live in Australia and it is amazing!

What is your favourite book?

Claireaabell: Oh no. I don’t know if I have one. I have soo many books, it’s become a bit of a joke lol.

On Wattpad: I would have to say The Bad Boy in Glasses by @Mikaelanay and Surviving Adam Meade by @liveandlove10

Outside of Wattpad: A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks

What is your favourite genre?

Claireaabell: My favourite genre is Young Adult/Romance. I will honestly read anything but you will notice a huge collection of Nicholas Sparks novels in my bookcase.

Thank you for your time and cooperation :) We really appreciate it! - The team :)