II

Well, ya see.

Um.

Okay, if I could just get one damn near coherent word to fall out of my mouth, that would be nice.

Alright.

So.

Of course I kept my composure during my show, who do you think I am?

It's just..

So, there was this couple, okay? DINK, anyone could sniff that out. They look too young to have kids already. Why they even came is none of my business, whatever. Probably just to have a good time, like most anyone else.

But.. the guy.

He looked so.. on edge and uncomfortable.

Which is normal, some guys go full tomato whenever one of us even glances at him.

But, this guy just made every effort to look unamused and bored when he wasn't tapping his foot, looking anywhere but the stage, and/or twiddling his thumbs. It didn't help the fact that he looked like such a stiff and it honestly shocks me that he could get a girl like the one he had with him who, even I'll admit, was gorgeous. Oh, no, but he had slicked-down nearly jet black hair and wore a dark grey suit with white pinstripes so tiny, you have to have quite the eye to notice them, all topped off with your average white dress shirt and solid black tie.

His girl had a cute little outfit on, though. A maroon A-line skirt that stopped just above her knee and it went well with the silk, long-sleeved floral top and dusty rose, open toe pumps she had on.

To be frank, it was a little 70s for 1981, but I can't blame her too much. It was the 70s only a couple years ago, really. Though, it's January in Las Vegas, so I bet she was freezing.

Overall, she gets a pass. He doesn't.

The guy, whoever he is to her, looked like an ass and acted like one, too.

Can't say it wasn't irritating.

He paid to be there, not the other way around.

Thanks for the pay check, I guess.

"Out of all the people in the audience, you focused on one guy?"

I'm out for a couple drinks with Pete and Patrick, after hours, of course. I'm decently good friends with Pete since we knew each other in high school. Sort of. We knew of each other. He was a senior when I was a freshman.

Patrick, however, has known Pete his whole life.

A thought that I find terrifying, but it brings him comfort so I'll let him have that.

And a free pass from a remark from me about how close he's sitting to Pete.

Do I blame him? Not really.

Pete's the epitome of perfectly tanned and perfectly toned with dozens of tattoos littering his arms, just so there's no question about his total bad boy look and personality. Oh, yes, he does wear leather jackets, skin tight jeans, and, for some reason, the oldest Chuck Taylors he can find, and, for all the years I've known him, he's worn the same kind of thing. He's the kind of guy who you would expect to have a couple piercings and sing lead in a metal or rock band, but.. no. He's got the whiskey-coloured eyes anyone could fall into, straight jet black hair, and would probably spit in the face of anyone who pissed him off, traits not unlike the lead singer of a rock band, but.. no. Pete Wentz is just a genuinely entertaining and funny guy, when he's not making an ass of himself, of ambiguous sexual preference who just happens to own a nightclub where debatable queens perform.