Chapter 12: Sick

Unfortunately, from laying out in the rain, poor buttercup did catch a cold. She woke up, coughing and sneezing, with her hair all over the place. "Blosssommmm..." she whined. "I'm siccckkkk." She pouted, but her room door was closed, so blossom didn't hear. There was one person who heard though. Butch whom was lying on the ground, suddenly jolted awake. "You're sick!?!" He said, in confusion. Buttercup was so close to punching poor butch in the face, for startling her. Her fist was inches away from his face, while he flinched. She stopped, her eyes still not fully opened, because she was tired. "Butch..." she said in a raspy voice. "Yeah..?" He looked up. "Butch..." she repeated to herself again. "Huh?" Butch was really confused now. "BUTCH!" She tackled him in a hug. "How dare you leave me out in the forest like that?! I was worried and I had to fight brute and you weren't there and I looked everywhere but I couldn't find you so I went to sleep by a log but it was raining and-" Buttercup was interrupted when she suddenly sneezed. "Bless you." Butch chuckled. "Thank you, but anyways...WHERE WERE YOU?!" Buttercup asked. "I was hiding in one of the tallest trees...some kid had tried to build a treehouse but it was wrecked and abandoned so I sat in there." Butch said. "Then, that's when I came down to find you and apologize but your sister told me you weren't there. We were all worried about you...so I went back out into the forest to go and look for you. That's when I found you and took you home." Butch ended his mini flashback. "I'm...sorry!" They said, at the same time. "I didn't mean to, I-" They said, at the same time again. Buttercup and Butch suddenly laughed. "Let's just agree to be more polite next time." Buttercup said. "Yeah, I'm really sorry for leaving you." Butch said. "I'm sorry for making you upset. I don't really hate you...In fact, it's the complete opposite." Buttercup blurted out the last part, without noticing. 'Did she just basically say that she loved me?' Butch thought to himself. They both realized the position they were in and blushed, but didn't move. Buttercup was sitting on butch's lap with her hands on his shoulders and Butch had his hands around her waist, for support. "Does that mean you lo-" Butch started but buttercup interrupted him. "Maybe!" Buttercup shouted, just as her face was coated with blush. (Warning: This is about to get awkward and cute!) "You looovvveeee me." Butch smirked. "I-I-I m-might! Y-You BROCOLLI HEADED BAKA BOY!" Buttercup covered her face. "Why do I have to be a broccoli headed Baka boy?" Butch pouted. "B-Because you j-just are.." Buttercup murmured. "No, I'm not. I'm a big buff cheeto puff." Butch said, showing his muscles. "Ha, liar. You haven't gotten any muscles." Buttercup said, unashamed. "Yes, I do...look..." Butch said, sliding his sleeves down and showing his muscles. Buttercup secretly enjoyed looking at them. "Put them away, they aren't real muscles." Buttercup crossed her arms and frowned. "Oh yeah..?" Butch pulled off his shirt. "Then, what is this?" He asked, pointing to his very clear and obvious eight pack. Buttercup's nose started to bleed and drool tugged at the edge of her mouth. "Hey, are you okay?" Butch said, but all buttercup did was stare. "P-PUT YOUR S-SHIRT BACK ON IDIOT!" Buttercup said, jumping up and crawling backwards onto the bed. "Oh yeah...I forgot you were sick, can't have your nose bleed along with it." Butch joked, putting his shirt on, and Buttercup scoffed. "You can't even-" Buttercup sneezed. "You don't even know how to-" She sneezed again and coughed twice. "Awwww...my little baby is sick. You want your sippy cup, child?" Butch patted her head. "Make fun of me again and I'll..." she coughed. "Beat you to a pulp." Buttercup finished her sentence. "Yeah, yeah...alright, I'll go and get you some medicine." Butch laughed and went to go find some. Buttercup shrunk back into her covers. She had two blankets, yet she was still cold. Butch returned with the medicine. "Alright, now open wide, sweetheart." Butch said. 'Did he just call me sweetheart?' Buttercup thought to herself. "No! I don't want that disgusting muck!" Buttercup shook her head. "You have to take it. You want to feel better, right?" Butch said. Buttercup groaned "It won't help, anyways, butch." She pouted. "Alright...but I thought you should know that blossom ran over your soccer ball." Butch said and shrugged. Buttercup's jaw dropped and butch used that to his advantage, quickly giving her the medicine. Buttercup made a disgusted expression as she swallowed it. "EW!! Grosss!! I hate you for that." She shook her head, in disgust. "Oh yeah because just a moment ago you said you loved me." Butch smirked. "I don't love you...I just hate you less now!" Buttercup exclaimed. "Nope, I know for a fact you love me." Butch said. "How would you know?" Buttercup rolled her eyes, playfully. "There's only one way to find out." Butch leaned in closer to her. "BUTCH! IF YOU LICK ME AGAIN, I WILL KICK YOU!" Buttercup shouted, but butch just pretending not to hear her. Buttercup, in fact, very much liked butch and she wanted to kiss him but she was scared for some reason. Scared that if they had a relationship...their friendship would be ruined and that she might get her heart broken. "Butch?" She said, as he was inches away from her face. "Mhm, butters?" Butch whispered. "I'm sick." She whispered, blushing. "I don't care..." Butch put a hand on her cheek and caressed it. "W-What about th-the germs?" Buttercup stuttered, nervously, as her face coated with blush again. "I guess you'll have to share your germs with me." Butch said, right before smashing his lips into hers. Buttercup was shocked. She knew it was going to happened but she was in pure shock that it actually happened. Her eyes widened and she was hesitant at first, but after a minute or so, she closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck. She wasn't scared now...she wasn't afraid to let down her pride or to take an extra step. Something in her sparked the moment they kissed. It was confidence...confidence she gained by just being able to say that she kissed someone she loved. She began to have more expectations and more hope just as butch wrapped his arms around her waist. She believed that this could work out. Nothing could deter her in this moment. She knew she had found the one. 

(What about this one, lovelies?)