13

Seulgi

I look at the motionless Jimin from mirror reflection as i casually did my daily night routine. He still focus on the drama, though i pretended to made a fake cough several times, his eyes still glued on the 55 inch of Samsung smart LED TV in front of him.

After finished everything, I sat beside him on the share bed king size and secretly glance at him again. But when he look at me, i pretend myself enjoy watching the drama.

what a dumb move. i mentally cursed as I heard he chuckle beside me. with a bit of courage built inside i smoothly start conversation.

" aren't you supposed to back the day after tommorow ? you back earlier than i thought "

" it supposed to be that way but.. "

" but ? "

" i can't sleep well without my wife beside me "

for a normal wife reaction, Jimin words should be consider as a pleasant and heartening one that makes stomach flips with butterflies fills in.

but contrast for me, hearing that from him, i got goosebumps all over my body as he flash his sinful smirk to make the situation even worse.

" Its getting late. sleep now " He command.

I heaved a sigh. this is harder than i thought.

" Don't tell me you secretly wish to continue our quick intimacy session just now, aren't you ? "

" what nonsense are you talking about " since i born with quick reflex, I immediately grip the quilt then wrapped it around me.

his wild immaginary thought surely can't be erase that easy.

he chuckle again, giving my head a gentle pat then focus back to the drama. at this point, i seriously has the urge to take that remote control from him and turn off that drama.

Can't he just focus on me this once ?

I keep the pregnancy test under the quilt. I hesitate either to tell him now or later, i mean sooner or later, i still need to inform him anyway.

but the main case here, i'm not sure either this stick digital tests accurate. i'm not sure enough if its certain that i carry a new life down here.

though this blue digital stick has double line on it, still it can't guarantee anything.

what if the result turn out to be incorrect ? it will be the day for me to dig in my face into a big hole. just thinking about it, succeed to make me embarrass enough.

I lied down beside him after making sure to make space between myself and him. I don't want myself woke up in the morning with unbearable muscle pain and sore condition all day.

" so you went to hospital today ? " he ask, snapping me from my own thoughts.

" no but i plan to go tomorrow "

" make sure to go one "

he says then drew his attention back to the drama. with a puzzle thought and lip bitting, from the corner of my eyes, i stole a few glances again then without realizing let out a deep sigh again.

The sounds of main lead couple bickering from Weightlifting Fairy couldn't be heard anymore.

" Alas seriously stop sighing " He frown when we stare at each other.

" why ? " he move his back off the headboard, sitting straight, facing me.

I can't take it anymore. With that, i move a bit closer to him and take his palm to hand him the digital pregnancy test.

waiting for his reaction, i sense that he's kinda out of his mind for a while. his eyes keep moving back on forth to me then to the stick again. somehow i find it funny.

" what is this ? " Confused much Jimin is.

" as you can see " i began to bite my thumb out of nervous.

" Is this real ? " He asked me again.

" Yeah. I mean maybe " I answered him, trying my best to not let out any crack voice.

How could this become a severe nervous moment for me ?

with a blink of eye, he suddenly pull me closer and spread his arms wide, hugging me. He didn't uttered anything yet just tighten on my stiff petite body. after a few good minutes, he broke the hug and held my chin up, making me looking nowhere but him.

" really ? "

short but understandable enough.

" Since when ? "

I swear his voice usually sounds a bit high, but in a different way, like a magic, his voice change to a soft and gentle tone, softer like marshmallow.

" this afternoon. I planned to meet Seungwan since she's off from work today, but i told her that i'm sick. So i asked her to come over. we talk for a while about my condition for the past weeks and out of nowhere she rush to the pharmacy, bought this stick for me. " I take the pregnancy test back from him before continue as he just stare at me.

" But you know, we still didn't know if the result is true or not. I still didn't double check it. Sometimes the result could be wrong though "

" then we should confirm this tomorrow. " He said and give me a light peck. He then took the controller and turn off the main light, making the room dim as silence fills the air.

" lets sleep " His marshmallow voice ringging once again, as i felt he adjust the quilt around me.

Without my realize i just lied down with him obediently with my head using his arm as pillow.

i was counting sheep in my mind and probably dissing myself a bit for taking nap this afternoon as a result for unable to sleep.

minutes passed, aside from my jumping heartbeat, only his calm breath roam the quite room. 757th sheep counted, and i was about to sleep, thats when i heard him saying.

" i'm the happiest man today "

with a gentle kissed on my forehead, a few times stroking my hair using his slender fingers and a package of tight warm embrace..

I sleep well that night.

...

ps: Happy new year!💕