15

Third Point Of View

The result was when Seulgi opened her eyes again, it was already past nine o'clock. Not seeing Jimin in bed, she quickly jumped up, wash herself then dressed and went out of the room. Jimin and Mr. Park were enjoy playing Janggi Korean Chess in the living room.

Seulgi was nervous and called out "abeonnim" in greeting. Mr. Park smiled and nodded his head at her.

Seulgi walked to her husband that wore oversized black shirt and white long pants, complained in a low voice.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Ah, ah." Jimin held a pawn and was concentrating on making his move on the chessboard.

After making a move, he lazily raised his head and said,

"Go to the kitchen and help eomma"

"Alright"

She looked at the direction of the kitchen and saw only her in law was busy cooking. Seeing Seulgi walking into the kitchen, Mrs. Park smiled.

"Seulgi, you're awake? Were you used to sleeping on a different bed last night?"

Seulgi repeatedly nodded her head. She was probably the last to get up, so how could she have had difficulty sleeping?

"Eomonim, let me do this." Taking the knife from Mrs.Park's hand, she began to slice the meat thinly.

Mrs. Park began to wash the vegetables while chatting with Seulgi about everything under the sun.

Seulgi thought inside that after they had lunch, she will nag to her husband for making herself embarrassed in front of her in law.

After lunch, Jimin who only slept a little last night wanted to catch up on his sleep. Seulgi woke up late this morning so she did not feel sleepy. While he was sleeping, she decided to look at his old things that placed in the big blue boxes.

An old exam paper can also make Seulgi studied it with keen interest for a long time. Take a look at how his hand writing was. Take a look at the questions he answered wrongly. Furthermore, there were essays written by Jimin.

She read each and everyone of them. Her husband could write argumentative essays very well, as most of his scores were in the 80's. She remembered her own argumentative essays at that time usually earned only 60's and once in a blue moon there could be a 70 if she tried hard enough, so Seulgi could not help but feel jealous. Fortunately, he was not that great at writing descriptive essays, so she felt a bit comforted. But she actually taken aback with the fact that her husband's grade actually not that bad, perhaps he did better than her.

When Jimin woke up, he saw Seulgi sitting on the floor and looking through his old things.

"Mrs. Park, you are invading my privacy." He coughed once and reminded her.

" ohh you're awake?" she raised her head, her eyes shone brightly and asked with keen interest.

"Do you have anything else fun for me to look at?"

Somehow she became really become addicted to looking through her husband's things.

"Don't sit on the floor" Jimin laughed and pulled her up.

Not wanting the pregnant wife of him getting cold from the marble floor. Then he bent down to look at the scattered things on the floor.

"Why does eomma still keep these things?" He takes it all and lead Seulgi to the bed, sitting facing her with his old things messy on the bed.

"How old were you in this photo?" She handed an old photo to Jimin.

In the photo was a young Jimin looking tall and handsome in Hanlim school uniform and holding a trophy.

"That was probably participating in the National Short Film Olympiad during year one in senior high."

"Short film? But didn't you study Photography ?"

"Yes, but I was in the film making department in high school."

"If I knew you studied in Hanlim School, I would've gone there too." Seulgi said with regret.

Jimin was taken aback with her answer but didn't say anything about it.

"Actually I could study there, but I thought it was too far from home and I was certain I could not get up in the morning to go to school. Furthermore i always thought that SOPA yellow uniform is notable and attractive"

"Fortunately you're just lazy." Jimin sounded teasingly.

"Are there any more photos?" Seulgi glared at him fiercely.

Jimin retrieved a photo album on top of a cabinet.

"There's not much because my family didn't like to take pictures. It was just me who like to take photos"

The photo album is a very old-fashioned kind. It was obvious as the cover had turned yellow in the years. Opening the first page was a little baby photo with this sentence written on it, "Park Jimin at one hundred days old."

The baby in the photo was fair and tender but frowning and appearing spirited. Seulgi stared blankly at it for a long time, then suddenly discovered something and said,

"Jimin, from the time you were born, you looked so serious."

"A baby doesn't have much facial expression." Jimin frowned.

"But when I was little, I always smiled whenever I was in front of the camera." Seulgi argued.

A large part at the back of the album are group photos. Mrs.Park holding a child in her arm, sitting next to Mr.Park and smiling happily at the camera. Although the technology back then were not good, the photo still captured the woman's vivid beauty and the man's tall and handsome demeanor. It appeared that Jimin took after his father.

Seulgi did not speak as she quietly finished looking through the only photo album. Then she raised her head to look at Jimin when she felt that her husband gently held her shoulder.

"I am fine" She reassured him because she knew Jimin able to sense her sadness.

Looking at his wife sorrow expression, he took the photo album from her hand.

"It has been so long, somehow there's memories that has faded. But i still remember them with great fondness "

Jimin lightly stroked her hair which seemed as if a puppy nibbled on it.

"We'll go to see them ?"

Jimin looked deep into her eyes and only felt reassured after a long time.

"Of course. their son-in-law should greet them officially together with their grandchild"

Hearing that from him made Seulgi smile and nodded her head.

" But before that we need to tell my family first " Jimin pinch his wife cheeks resulting her porcelain skin to slightly redden in color.

" Right " She chuckled then buried her face in his chest.

How come they forgot their hidden reason to give a visit ?

...

ps: isn't its a cute chapter ? <3