•Chapter One•

My head laid on the pillow of someone else's room. It was a decent sized, equipped with a dresser, a bed and a desk. It was truly a basic room.

The rays of light first hit my eyes, targeting the fatigue I still from the day before. Where am I? My thoughts shaded over me. The sweet sound of empty filled the area I was in. If I remember...

"Shu?" I asked to no one. I stumbled out of the bed, leading me to the hallway of the room that connected many rooms together as one. I dragged my dazed self from one room to another, knocking on the door repeatedly before shouting his name to even entering to verify my points. This cycled over until the very last one, the apartment from what I can see, was small and not too extensive on interior decoration.

"Hey Kurenai! Where ar—" I paused for a second. Does he have school? I questioned myself as I came to a complete stop.

"Do you want to attend school with me?" A sudden memory jotted back into me, a question Shu had asked a few days ago. I eyed him with confusion?

"What's that? Something you can eat?" He looked at me weirdly. As if he was concerned with my vocabulary.

"No, no it's not. Just.. wait," he said, pausing for one second as he left the room. I sat at the rim of the new room that was I was in. It looked very strange from my other one. "Here," he soon reappears and turns the corridor. I eyed the cover with mystery with only a few words could barely understand. "Basic" "Japan..ese?"

"Hey Shu, what's this thing?" I question as I opened the book open. There covered pages worth of size 12 font written in Times New Roman or whatever it was. It was tiny for sure.

"It's a dicti— a book full with words you will learn to understand if you live here." He replied. I had a look of disgust written all over my face.

I chuckled at the assume memory. I learn to communicate with Shu much better, though reading a dictionary seemed overkill. I went back to my room, that laid on my desk. There was a few workbooks that were waiting to be writing in.

Date: 2/5/20–
Today's word:
失われた

Huh...? My brain went blank. Soon I felt a bit of pain, leading it to really hurt. I closed my eyes grappling onto the strings of my head.

•     •     •

Where am I? I thought. I could see a person around me, a little shocked before leaving the room. Hey.. come ba—

"It's a success sir!" I hear as the same man who soon is dressed in a white lab coat comes back. He arrives with another man, this one looks a bit sleeker than the other one. I try to reach out for them as my hand meets an unknown surface. It was invisible. I tried to bang the surface with my fists but I couldn't muster enough power to make even a dent in it. I felt slow as I kicked around back and forth, giving a fit around me before realizing I was engulfed by water. Strange green water. It was so neon-y. Like I was a jellyfish showing off my colours. I try to paddle myself behind me, catching a glimpse of the same colour in the corner of my eye. My eyes widened. What the...

I look at the dozens of bodies that were floating in the same water as I, similar looks yet so different. From bloated to toothpicks to guys and girls. They were hanging there in silence, eyes closed and stable unaware of the situation that laid in front of them.

"Yes it seems like it," the sleek man said "you did well Professor.." he eyed the man in the lab coat.

"I didn't think she'll be the first to awake after all our tries," The man laughed, "I had thought of would be another failure like the others,"

"Indeed so," the other said, "now flush the water, we must... introduce her to the new world that awaits her!"
Huh? New world, what do you mean?

I could feel the button of the container sipping all the water out. My hair stuck onto me as my legs where about to fall. I hung onto the invisible walls as I slid down, onto my knees. I didn't know how to stand, psychotically speaking, I couldn't stand on my own two feet.

Soon there was a grinding noise as the walls disappeared and I was left with the two men. The lab coat was wrapped around me as I shivered in place. The place was like an ice box.

The sleek man wore something I took note of. WBBA...? What's that?