•Prologue•

"Excuse me..."

I looked up. It was a cloudy day, the sun hiding behind the puffs of smoke that decorated that sky. My hand laid beside me, all underneath the cold earth. The little pricks of grass tickled me, staining the rags I wore.

"Excuse me," I heard someone say, a little more firmer. I tilted my head behind me, there stood a fit, decked in a pink button-upped dress shirt, a tie, charcoal blazer and dress pants. Most importantly, his white hair that mounted on his head. It was quite lovely. But I have no response, not like I wanted to.

I just started at him, almost asking him to continue. He just return the stare, confusingly eyeing me back. I have to admit, I'm a couple more years, he'll be more of a looker than now. Yikes...

"Are you okay?" He said, dragging his eyes along my facial features to my rags. There were holes in them, most of them were nearest to my collar or whatever you can call it. In fact, it looked like I was wearing a poorly sewed blanket. But seriously, did I even look okay on any level?

"No..." I mumbled. My throat aches as I readjusted my eyes toward the small lake I hat was in the middle of the park. It was nice. not the clearest blue in the world. It it still satisfied the little marine animals that still lived there.

"Do you need help..?

My eyes widened. Why does he care? I'm no one that he should help. Does he even realized his if I am trouble, he might— wait, am I trouble?

"Oh by the way," I could barely hear him. He mumbled quietly through his lips.

"my name is Shu, Shu Kurenai."