Chapter 28: Mine.

Her POV:

The following day, I woke up startled. Why? Let's just say the females in my life couldn't sleep the night before and they saw no reason why I should be left to sleep while they were in my room. I found myself on the ground, disoriented, clueless as to why there were more than five sets of puffy eyes staring at me, bickering as they did so.

But then I recalled a memory, more like a snippet actually. It was Suleiman; his surprise visit, his smile, his face, his stubble, his new found habit of snapping his fingers, his eyes, his excitement, his love.

I am sorry! He seriously has me wrapped around his finger.

Anyways, that was all I thought of and as you'd expect, I began to grin. I can't remember ever being woken up in a violent manner and grinning immediately afterwards.

"Nura! Stop smiling. Tell us! How? Where? When?" Yasmin squealed.

I looked at her, surprised, actually shocked is a better word. She was so much in a hurry that she didn't dress like she ought to have. She had her pajamas beneath her abaya!

"Yasmin even you?!" I asked. Amal began to hop in one spot out of frustration.

"Of course. Naj called me... I mean Najib! I mean Ya Najib!!" She spoke, blowing her cover all by herself. And she knew she did so because she slapped her forehead and looked away. Unfortunately for her, she blathered in front of not only Amal but Aunty Asma'u as well.

They stared and stared, mind blown by what she had said and the meaning it held. They inputted the information in the love calculator I am dead sure they have somewhere in their brains. Hikmah stared at all three, smirking, loving the moment. Only Firdaws didn't know how delicious that moment was, busy playing a game on Hikmah's phone. I, on the other hand, utilized the opportunity to sneak into the bathroom. I truly did intend to brush my teeth, wash my face and exit the place, but I did the mistake of bringing my phone with me.

I had just turned on the tap when I began wondering what the time was. Naturally, in the absence of a watch, and the skill of correlating my shadow with time, I decided to use my phone. However, the moment I saw a message notification popping on my toolbar, gone was my interest on the time.

It was him.

Suleiman ❤:
I love you. I seriously love you. I love everything about you. God Nura, you surely must have added a love potion somewhere along the line. Because I just love you.

Let's just say, it was a text so strong that it silenced my rumbling tummy. I began to chuckle, biting my lower lip, feeling absolutely giddy. I felt so giddy that I had to lean on one of the walls and reread the text. All I can say is it was the perfect way to kick start my day.
Eventually after many attempts to go back to a state of normalcy, I succeeded, only then did I manage to accomplish the tasks I set out to do.

I entered my room and the first thing I heard was Yasmin's attempt to explain her situation, not knowing she was pretty much playing in mud.

"We just aren't fans of publicity. He and I decided it would be best to sort ourselves out before doing anything. " she explained, looking quite nervous.

I found Aunty Asma'u utterly pleased still seated, while Amal was on her feet, hopping excitedly. Hikmah was strolling across the room, squealing. Innocent Firdaws was still with the phone, still not intrigued by the events that were unfolding.

I couldn't help but be curious.

'What has got them this jumpy?' I wondered.

I considered not asking, knowing fully well how the tables would turn against me once I speak. But then I reconsidered; they left their homes for my home, there simply was zero chance of me outliving the situation without bullets being thrown my way.