Chapter 17

"Shigeru Oak," Marcel called, snapping Green out of his train of thought. The Secretary slammed a file on the table, one that held photos of the damages in the dining hall.

He felt like a crime suspect. In this white room with nothing more than three chairs, a metal table and a camera in every corner. On a wall was a one sided glass, meaning someone could look in but he could never look out of the room. For starters, it was his fault so no offense taken.

"You almost destroyed the whole room, what do you have to say for yourself?"

Green opened his mouth to answer but he eyed the glass asking one question; "Is there anyone on the other side of the glass?"

"This whole room is secured no one can get in without me noticing, if only I did the same with the dining halls before they're reduced to nothing," Marcel snarled. "You did help putting out the mess you made. For that, we are thankful for your actions to take your responsibility. However, what is converted to ashes couldn't be reformed."

Marcel dragged a chair and sat on it, eyes still on Green. "Meaning, there must be a cost."

"I'm broke," Green told beforehand.

"Not money Green," Marcel snapped. "I just want a reason. A mature one. Act like your age. Notice your position. Show you're worthy."

"You can take my badge."

"I will but I can't," Marcel rolled his eyes. "Unfortunately my husband said you're way too important so I cannot take away your position as the sixth strongest student. He's too much of lady, and he just brought you good luck. Damn."

"In truth, I didn't realised what I was doing," Green confessed. Eyes staring right into Marcel's to show that he was serious. "I was just talking and-"

"What was in your head?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me kid. I grew up learning Psychology so I know that you're hiding something. Signs of a person trying to commit suicide? I had it all memorized in my head."

So since beginning he actually read me like an open book? Green thought. There was something more towards the Secretary than he thought.

"However, your face didn't promise suicide oh no. That face shows that you're promising murder," Marcel leaned in closer to his face. "You look like you can kill a few dozen. And you could've if the students didn't escape."

"I apologize for that too."

"I know that face anywhere," his blond gym teacher began. "Honestly, it brings back some memories. Let's see now, tight lips, sour expression, narrowed eyes and crossed arms. How weird, looks like someone is jealous. My question now is, of who?"

"It's none of your business," Green spat as he tapped his fingers, trying to hide his shock from the school teacher. He read him through and through. He needed to get out of there. He had some other matters to attend, mainly with N and Silver.

"Voice in a higher pitch, finger tapping, foot tapping, avoiding eye contact," Marcel recited, waving his finger like the words were listed in the air. "You're impatient. Just answer my question alright kid? Then I'll let you go."

"Okay, it was about Daisy alright. I was concerned about Daisy!" Green lied.

"Nah, that ain't the case. Is it a boy?"

Damn Marcel and his reading abilities.

"Don't people start by asking if it's a girl?" Green asked back.

"If I ask your gay ass about a girl the only answer I can get is a friend or any junior of yours," Marcel grunted. "So, is it about Satoshi Tagiri?"