Chapter 9

//2165 words

I woke up the next morning with my arms tucked tightly into my chest, and with Vic's arms wrapped strongly around my skinny shoulders. We were facing each other, but my head was tucked into his chest and under his chin. I yawned and looked around a bit, which must've woken Vic because he yawned too and kissed the top of my head. "Morning baby." He said groggily. His morning voice was so cute, and sexy at the same time. I giggled and looked up at him, his hair slightly frizzy and his eyes puffy. He looked so damn cute. I kissed his nose and smiled brightly, before streching and yawning once again. "Morning." I said cheerfully, yet sleepily. Vic removed his large, warm arms from around me and layed flat on his back, rubbing his eyes and stretching, before sitting up and yawning once again. "Do you want coffee, babe?" Vic asked kindly, looking at me tiredly. "Coffee would be great." I said with a soft smile, sitting up. "Alright." He said, nodding his head and sliding out from under the covers. He sat at the edge of the bed and rubbed his eyes one last time before standing up and walking out of the room. I heard the soft patter of his footsteps as he jogged downstairs and into the kitchen.

I yawned again, covering my mouth with the back of my hand and looked around. I had just cleaned my room, so everything was neat and in order for once. The curtains were open almost all the way, and the sun shone through brightly, which is something I normally hated, but today I was rather enjoying it. I usually wanted my room to be as dark as possible, and I wanted to spend all my time on my laptop and in bed, but for some reason today I felt like going outside. I sat on the edge of my bed and cracked my back, then stood up and walked over to my dresser, pulling out my ripped black skinnies and an oversized tie-dyed shirt, along with my regular black Calvin Klein underwear and plain socks. I normally don't wear any shirts with color, they're usually just plain black and white band shirts or red and black flannels, but today I felt happier. And lately I haven't been wearing my ripped skinnies, mainly because I didn't want my scars to show, but I have been cutting a lot less then I was when I first moved in.

I walked into the bathroom with a small smile on my face for no reason, and sat the fresh clothes on the sink. Just as I was about to close the door and undress, Vic came up the stairs and entered the bathroom, holding two steaming mugs of coffee. "Here you go babe. Are you going to take a shower?" He said, handing me one of the mugs. "Yeah, I was about to." I said, taking the mug and blowing away the steam, before taking a sip. I closed my eyes as the dark liquid swam down my throat, and just moments later, I could feel the buzz of caffeine in my veins. I smiled as I took another small sip and placed the cup on the sink next to my clothes. "Alright, I'll leave you alone then." Vic said smiling. Before he left, he placed one hand on my cheek and planted a light, sweet kiss on my lips, then swiftly left the bathroom, closing the door on his way out. I smiled at the kiss, and locked the door after Vic had left, then I began to strip down.

This shower wasn't as prolonged as they usually are, and I had the lights were on as well, which is something I don't usually do. I prefer to keep the lights as low as possible, and I spend a lot of time in the shower, thinking too much and sometimes self harming. Today was different though, and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my chest. It was like I could finally breath after being crushed under an invisible weight, and it was an amazing feeling. I still missed Johnnie more than words could express, but I started managing my feeling for him a lot better, and Vic has really helped me get my mind off him. The only thing that was really bringing me down at the moment was my mom, but I knew this was the best option for us, and it made me happy that Vic was no longer cheating on her with me and that we finally told her the truth. And I know she still loves me, even though she isn't happy with me.

I turned the warm water off after I was fully clean and shaven, and I stepped out of the shower and grabbed my plain black towel. I quickly dried off and got dressed, then continued with my morning routine of brushing my teeth and styling my hair. Usually I hate what I see in the mirror, to the point where I would do anything to smash it or claw at my face until my skin just came off and I could somehow get a new face, but that was unrealistic so I would just continue with my day. But today I thought I actually looked halfway decent, and I thought the tie-dye shirt really suited me. I don't think I've ever worn that shirt, and to be honest, I don't know why I even kept it, but I'm glad I did. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror, then drained the rest of my coffee and carried my mug with me out of the bathroom. I set it down on my nightstand and sat on the edge of my bed, grabbing my maroon, black, and white low top vans, and pulled them on. These were another thing I hardly ever wore, but today I felt happier than I have in a while. I quickly looked at my phone to check the weather, and it was actually pretty warm today, which was strange since it was the middle of winter. But on a rare occurance, we'll have a day like today, almost as if it's summer again. I turned off my phone and sat for a moment, looking around my room, when I saw my old longboard peeking out of the closet. I smiled and stood, pulling it out and looking over it to make sure it was still rideable.