Chapter 2

DETENTION FOR THE REST OF SCHOOL YEAR

Fuck. Is school really starting? Well at least I get to make the teachers mad. I got up headed to my bathroom and took a shower. As I got out of my bathroom I see Ashton in my bed.

"Why are you up so early?" I ask Ashton. He looks at me and that's when I realize his face is all bruised. I run up to him and start inspecting him. He's got a small cut in his stomach but besides that nothing else. Suddenly I feel mad as fuck.

"What the fuck happened" I say venom dripping from my voice. He just stares at me and has this look that tells me 'I'm not telling you.' This resulted in me getting even madder.

"Tell me or I swear I'm going to kick everyone's ass until they have to go to the hospital." he then looked at how serious I was and started talking.

"H-His name is Jack." He stutters and I quickly get up and look for the first aid kid. I thought of getting up John but it's too early. I headed back to my room and started taking care of his wounds. I gave him a look and he kept talking.

"He goes to school. He just came up to me in the theater and said that I was with his gi-girl. I was with Diana and he j-just hit me. We started f-fighting and I was kicking his ass." he says with a smirk I chuckle but quickly turn serious and motion for him to keep talking. His face turns blank and keeps talking.

"But he called his buddies over and I was fighting with five dudes at the same time. I was fighting with all my might and all I was thinking of w-was of making y-you proud." he starts crying. I quickly get up and ask. "Making me proud?" He nods and continues. "Yes. I would kick five guys asses like you and I'ld- I'ld." I embrace him in a hug and start rocking us back and forth as I whisper things such as 'I'm already proud of you.' and 'I love you's' and he fell asleep in my arms. I had 20 minutes to get to school and I still hadn't eaten nor dressed up. I slowly laid his head in the bed and he snuggled my pillow. I smile and dress up. I head downstairs and John is there. I was going to tell him what happened but he stops me.

"Thanks for taking care of him. I'll take care of him for the rest of the day." he smiles at me and hugs me. I hug him back and whisper "He's like a brother, plus I think I'm getting my first detention today." He pulls back and looks at me sternly.

"Zoe it's not necessary. You know it wasn't fair but still." He try's. I shake my head.

"Like you said it wasn't fair and I'm going to make sure he remembers that if you want to deal with someone you deal with them yourself, you don't get help." I start getting angry. John sighs but nods. I grab something to eat and start heading my walk to school. As I get there I get my stuff to start the day and receive a lot of looks. All frightened looks. I walk the school corridor with a smirk. The bell rings and I go to my first class. Math. Yay. Note the sarcasm. As I walk into the classroom I start seeing red. There is Jack and his buddies and Jack has his hand over Diana's shoulder and she looks very uncomfortable. I start walking up to them. Diana sees me and her eyes widen.

"Hey Jack." he looks at me. "I believe the girl..." I nod to Diana "wants to leave your side." He smirks and laughs with his buddies. I am really trying here. Come one just say the words I want to hear. I just want to hear them. He stops laughing and lets go of Dianas shoulder. He walks up to me and althought he is way taller than me I look up to him and smirk.

"Let me tell you something princess. People may fear you but I have nothing to fear. You're a girl and I'm a guy. I can kick your ass any day. Just like I kicked...what was his name?" he asks and turns around to his friends who are a bit scared. 'Ashton' one says, but quickly says 'Man I wouldn't do that if I were you.' He tells him to shut up and faces me again.