Chapter Two

Tia's POV

Lunch was great. Shawn and I sat in the back, in a private room you could rent off for parties or something. Shawn had a beef and cheese quesadilla, I had two hard shell tacos with just meat and cheese, and we split a basket of chips and a bowl of cheese dip. We talked about the most random things. Once lunch was over I honestly felt closer to him. Things were great. Before we left I asked him a question. "So, what brings you to LA?" I ask, and Shawn just shrugs. "I'm just here to relax, I only have one thing I have to do over my break." He says, and I nod. "What would that be?" I ask, and he laughs. "Full of questions aren't we? Well, I'm surprising one of my fans tomorrow night. She was devastated by the loss of someone she loves, and her parents asked me to escort her when she's saying goodbye. The girl doesn't know about it, it's a surprise." Shawn explains, and I nod. "Well, I hope the fan is okay." I say, smiling. "So, what brings you to LA?" Shawn asks. The waiter comes by, placing our checks in front of us. "My parents surprised me with tickets to watch The Talking Dead  live for Christmas. They gave me the plane tickets to get here and back, the ticket to get into the show, and letters from the host telling me I was the one who was going to be featured in the cosplay of the week, the fan art of the week, and the fan who gets to ask the question from the audience." I explain, and Shawn smiles at me. "That's awesome!" He says, and I smile back before reaching into my bag and pulling my wallet out. I place my debit card in the ticket tray thing, and wait for the waiter to return. "Isn't LA amazing?" I ask, looking out the window. The sun had already set, and in its glory were the lights from the buildings and cars. Everything seemed to be flowing together. The cars were moving in accordance to one another, and obeying the lights that told them if they needed to stop or if they could keep moving. The buildings letting off lights were bright enough to illuminate (A/N: Lol) the town for everyone to see the beauty of the team work. "I guess? It's just a bunch of buildings and cars. Full of rude people and those looking for fame, in my opinion." Shawn says, and I look at him. "Try to think of it from a different point of view. In a way that a dreamer would." I say, placing my forearms on the table and clasping my hands together before leaning foreword. "Watch the traffic. Look at it flowing together." I start, and Shawn does as I ask. "They're working together, then add in the traffic lights. The traffic acts in accordance to those lights, like clock work." I say, then continue as I watch Shawn finally slow down his busy life long enough to actually see the beauty. "Now add in the lights from the buildings and ads. They allow you to actually see all of this happening. To see the flow of the world, without needing your phone or a flashlight. Yes, the people are rude. Yes, there are those looking for fame, but that just balances out LA. You can't have light without darkness. You can't have darkness without light. There's nothing to compare the other to without it. That's why you can't see what you have until it's gone." I explain, Shawn finally able to see what's really there. "Wow..." Shawn says, finally admiring the beauty in its whole. I smile, starring at the city lights once more. Dreamers can see the beauty everywhere. The waiter soon returned and the moment ended. Shawn and I got our cards back, and we both stood after putting them away. "How long are you in LA?" Shawn asks, and I think for a moment. "I have a flight at 11:30 AM Monday morning back to Atlanta." I tell him. Shawn nods, and we start heading for the door. "Do you want to meet up for breakfast?" Shawn asks, and I smile as we both exit the building. "That sounds great. Do you have any ideas as to where?" I ask, and Shawn smiled. "How about Porto's Bakery and Café?" "Sounds great. Muffins are always an option. Especially raspberry." I laugh, and Shawn stares me down. "More like chocolate chip." He says, and I scoff. "Raspberry." "Chocolate chip." "Raspberry." "Chocolate chip." "Raspberry!" "Chocolate chip." "Shut up and kiss already!" Some stranger yells, and I realize we were in each other's faces, centimeters away from our lips touching. I go flat foot and back away, and Shawn stands straight and and steps back. "You know what? Both are great. It doesn't matter." I say awkwardly, and Shawn agrees. "I-I'll see you at breakfast. 10:00 at the bakery sound good?" Shawn asks, and I nod. "I'll see you then. Bye, Shawn." I say, scurrying off. Was Shawn about to kiss me? We haven't even known each other for a day. That's way too soon. I'm not even sure I like him like that! Well, I mean as a celebrity crush, yeah, but he's not just a hot celebrity crush anymore. He's my friend. Do I like him as more than that though? I pull myself out of my thoughts as I get into the elevator. While I wait for the door to close I press my floor number, and wait. As the doors begin to close a hand slips in, and they reopen. I look to see who it is, and I nearly faint. Chandler Freaking Riggs walks through the doors. My eyes almost bug out and I nearly choke on my tongue. Okay, Shawn Mendes and Chandler Riggs in one day? That's insane! I scoot over to give Chandler some room and keep my mouth shut. I look at the buttons and notice he doesn't press any. He either forgot or he's staying on the same floor as me. Soon enough I get to my floor and go to get off, but he bumps into me. Okay, we're staying on the same floor. "Sorry, you go ahead. I forgot to get my key out anyway. Plus you have more stuff." I say, letting him off first. Chandler says thank you and gets off the elevator. I walk off after him, and slow down to get my key out of my bag. Once I pull it out I look back up and start looking for my room. As I get closer to Chandler he freezes. "Are you following me?" He asks, I give him a funny look. "Dude, I'm not a stalker. I'm just heading to my room." I say, feeling bad after I said it. I was trying to play it cool, and now I sound like a jerk. "Sorry, that came out wrong. I'm not following you, it's just a coincidence." I say, walking backwards as I look for my room still. I find it two doors down from him. "See?" I say, using my key to open the door. Chandler's face turns red. "Sorry, paranoia. I've had a girl stalk me before, and several of my past co-workers." He explains, "I'm an act-" he starts, and I cut him off. "Don't worry. I get it. I know who you are, Chandler. Carl girl all the way." I say, smiling before letting my door close and walking closer. I pull my phone out, showing him a picture.