Chapter Twelve

Shiro and I starred at each other with expressions no one else could understand except us. I felt so calm and collected for a short amount of time until realization slapped me in the face once I finally processed what I just told the hollow. That had to be a lie, and a damn good one because I believed it deep down in my soul.

Me, in love with a creature of pure evil and full of lies and deception, a true servant at heart. What ever venomous words sprawled out of his mouth was covered in his deceitful tongue of misdirection. I had to have lied to show him how it feels to be untrustworthy. Why else could I have possibly said such words that are only ment for a kind and innocent person? The feeling of butterflies can't be love, it just can't be. How could I care for someone like him? It just wouldn't be fair. I don't want to love him. I need to hate him or else nothing would be the same as it was ever again.

"Stop lieing to yourself," Shiro demanded as he placed his index finger underneath my chin so I couldn't look away if I wanted to,"I can read you like an open book."

"What makes you think that I am lieing to myself and not you? What proof do you have to make such excuses?"

"Because I've been inside your soul, your mindscape, your thoughts, and your emotions. Everything you do, everything you think and believe I can easily read. I shouldn't need proof anyway if you keep giving me signs that you do."

"Ichigo!"

Looking towards the hallway, my eyes widen at the sight of my one and only father. His face was suprisingly calm which only made me stand tall with worry.

"Dad?"

"Dad!"

The father turned around to see his twin daughters at the end of the hall with unbelieved experiencions. Yuzu just couldn't hold her joy as she ran into her father's arms with a smile of pure happiness. Karin just stared at the two as questions filled her mind of wonder of where her father was during all that time of them being alone. What occurred in order for him to run out without a single word telling them what was up?

Lost in thought, Yuzu parted with her father's embrace so he could see her beautiful eyes. A faint smile replaced the oddly serious facial appearance of the man as his eyes softened for his most innocent child.

"Sorry I left so sudden. I got a call that was urgent and I had to go quickly. I'm so sorry I didn't call or left a note."

"It's okay Dad, all that matters is that your here."

As they went for another hug, I couldn't help but gain the urgency to run and hide from my father. Something just didn't sit well with me and since the old man walked in on such a...moment, I couldn't dare to face the man.

Dodging all eye contact and ignoring my father's questioning, I went up the stairs as fast as I could. I just couldn't think about anything as everything felt fake as my fingertips lied onto the door know connect to my door.

Nearly swinging the door wide open without thinking took a step into my bedroom and froze, having my head to only shoot up at the sight of Renji and Rukia. Standing up straight, I could feel the setting became a bit serious as my friends face's was not showing any sign of friendliness.

"Rukia? Renji? Did something happen?"

"We need to talk." Rukia spoke quickly in a Byakuya like matter.

With a brow raised, I closed the door gently behind me as questions began to rise. I just stared at Renji who was standing in front of my dresser, arms crossed, and Rukia a few feet to the guys left.

Rukia needed to tell me something which was important enough for her and Renji to be here face-to-face with me.

"So are you guys going to tell me why you're here?" Ichigo asked, being as serious as he possibly could.