Chapter One: Prologue and The Beginning

I do not own the mummy or any of it's characters. They all belong to Universal Studios. 

Edited: February 27, 2022

Nefera was the older sister of Princess Nefertiri and oldest daughter of Pharaoh Seti The First. Nefera was three years older than her sister, but they were still very close with each other. Being the eldest, Nefera was to marry before her sister and she was betrothed to her father's high priest, Imhotep, but her heart already belonged to another man. Amun, the chief of the Medjai. They had to keep their love a secret for it was forbidden for a princess and a Medjai to be together for a princess is betrothed to who their parents choose and a Medjai is betrothed to whoever the elders deem worthy of marriage. Imhotep was aware of Nefera and Amun's love for each other and he became enraged because he alone was to have the princess. One night, while she and her sister Nefertiri were out on their balcony overlooking their kingdom, they had witnessed Imhotep and their mother-to-be Anck-Su-Namun together. Their father had soon arrived and questioned his future wife about who had touched her, but before she could answer, Imhotep appeared behind him and grabbed the Pharaoh's sword. Seeing that their father was in danger, Nefera and her sister alerted the Medjai who raced to protect their Pharaoh. From behind him, Anck-Su-Namun had stabbed the Pharaoh in the back horrifying the sisters as Imhotep stabbed the Pharaoh with his own sword. Out of horror and despair, Nefertiri fell to her death before Nefera could stop her. Nefera screamed for her sister and father, but it was too late; both her father and sister were gone. Amun had gone straight to Nefera when he heard her screams and saw her on the balcony crying hysterically. He saw that she had witnessed her sister fall to her death along with witnessing the murder of her father. Amun tried to comfort his love the best he could, but soon Imhotep and his priests arrived. Imhotep was both enraged and distraught over the loss of his lover and the love between Nefera and Amun. Imhotep had told Nefera that if he could not have her, than no man could ever have her and before Amun could act, Imhotep's priests had restrained Amun as Imhotep approached him with a dagger and stabbed him in his chest. Nefera cried for her love and moved to help him, but the priests held her back. When Amun's body fell to the ground, Imhotep approached Nefera and gave her one last chance to make the right choice and be with him. Nefera spit in his face and told him that she will never want to be with him and she will never love the monster that killed her father and her love. Angered at what she said, Imhotep placed a curse on her; that she and Amun will never be able to find each other through their reincarnations and will never be together until he is put to an end forever. Nefera swore to Imhotep that she and Amun would be together again one day and together they will put an end to him. Sneering at that, Imhotep gripped the dagger that he used to kill Amun with tightly and plunged it right into Nefera's heart. As she was dying, Imhotep whispered in her ear "Death is only the Beginning" It is said that the souls of Amun and Nefera have searched for each other for centuries, but were never able to find each other. Only until Imhotep is defeated once and for all shall the princess and the Medjai be together.

Cairo, Egypt 1933...

21-year old Katherine O'Connell was rushing down the streets of Cairo. She was wearing an ankle length dark pink and black low shoulder dress with ruffles on the skirt of the dress, black high heel shoes and she held a small white umbrella with frill above her head to protect her from the heat of the sun. Her long dark brown curly hair was in a half bun style as her dark brown eyes scanned the street for her destination. Katherine is half American and Half Egyptian while her older brother was full American. Her older brother, Richard O'Connell is actually her half brother for her mother, who was an Egyptian had married an American man when Rick was four-years old and four years later, when Rick was eight, Katherine was born. Despite them being half siblings, Katherine and Rick have always been very close with each other and Rick has always been very protective of his little sister and he's always been there for her.