Chapter Four: Finding the Mummy

Edited February 28, 2022

Katherine made her way back over to her group just in time to see her brother give something to Evy.

"Here, this is for you" He stammered as he handed a leather covered object "Don't worry, it's something I borrowed off of our American brethren. I thought you might like it... you might need it when you're..." he turned to walk away and saw the warden standing there watching "What are you looking at?" he snapped and the warden put his hands up in mock defense.

Evy opened the the case to see a variety of tools used for digging and excavating. Some of the tools she wasn't familiar with, but she would look forward to learning how to use them. A big grin broke out across her face when she saw them.

Katherine thought it was so sweet. Seeing her brother give a gift to a girl he really liked, she's never seen her brother act so nervous and so sweet around a girl like Evy before. She had a good feeling that things were gonna work out good for the two of them.

Rick then began to descend down into the cavern on a rope. Evy followed him, then Katherine, Jonathan and lastly the warden. The room was nearly pitch black if it wasn't for the crack of light from above them where the hole was and their torches. The room was filled with mirrors and cobwebs. Evy had used an ancient Egyptian trick with the mirrors and the room was lite up completely. They were in a room that was used as a preparation room for mummification thousands of years ago. Despite the eeriness in the air, Katherine was genuinely intrigued by the history of this room.

The group headed down a tunnel in search for the statue of Anubis where Evy was hoping to find the Golden Book of Amun Ra. As soon as they stepped into the room, Katherine suddenly felt uneasy as a overwhelming sense of dread and doom washed over her. She felt like they weren't supposed to be here.

Katherine suddenly felt herself being pulled into a vision again and this time she let herself be pulled into it. She wanted to know what was going on, so she gave into these strange happenings.

Katherine suddenly saw herself outside at night in front of the Statue of Anubis, but it looked as if it was in perfect condition. It loomed over her at an incredible height, it felt different to see it now that it wasn't buried in the sand. It was a very imposing and intimidating figure.

The night sky was clear with the full moon hanging above her with stars surrounding the moon like thousands of little diamonds sparkling. She looked around at her surroundings and saw that the city was the way it was back in ancient times. She saw a group of men with torches burying something at the base of the statue. Katherine gulped as she took a few steps forward to see what they were burying, she knew she shouldn't do this, but she just needed to know what this was.

Katherine was only a foot away from the hole when she was looking over the edge of it when suddenly, a decomposed hand reached out of the grave and grabbed her ankle