Honeymoon?

Neil closed the door and walked into the room. It was very spacious, with a mini bar and a closet area. There was a deck outside the villa, which walked directly to the beach. Avni opened the door and walked outside. She left her shoe on the deck and slowly climbed down the stairs to the beach. Neil arranged the luggage and followed Avni. He moved closer and hugged her from behind. For the first time Avni was nervous with his closeness. Neil nuzzled on the side of her neck, Avni arched her head to a side, giving him more space. "You are mine.. finally." He turned her around and cupped her face. Avni held on to his hands and smiled. Neil gave her a quick peck, "I have a little work to attend." Avni nodded and followed him inside.

Avni thought she was sleeping for hours, but it was just a half an hour. She checked on Neil, to see him still busy with the laptop on the couch. Avni got out of bed and took a shower. She moved towards the table in front of the couch to take her phone, when Neil pulled her into his lap. "Woah!" Avni gasped, making Neil laugh. She then settled in his lap, but Neil focused on his work. "Oh so you think you could trap me here and work?" Neil smirked and nodded. "Challenging?" He shrugged this time. Avni first relaxed in Neil's arms and had a look on his work. But it didn't take long for her to lose Interest.
Avni lifted her head to look at Neil, who doesn't seem to be aware of her presence. Avni pursed her lips and then kissed on his neck. Neil was startled for a moment but pretended that it didn't effect him. Avni again brushed her lips on his earlobe, now moving up towards his cheekbone and beard. She ran her fingers through his hair and kissed on his cheek. Neil let out a laugh and kept the laptop aside. His arms the wrapped around her hips, pulling her closer. "You started, now you are gonna suffer!" Avni tried to move but Neil tightened his embrace. "Not so easily, Mrs.Neil Khanna!" He brushed the hair falling to her face, and slowly buried his face in her neck. Avni tangled her fingers in his hair. Neil placed kisses on her neck and moved down to her collar bone. Avni's breath hitched as he opened his mouth and sucked on her Pulse point. "Neil.." she mumbled, bringing him up to her face. She then captured his lips and kissed passionately. A knock on the door forced them to move apart. Neil groaned in frustration. "What even.." Avni laughed at this as Neil got up from the couch.
He opened the door and the butler was there. "Good afternoon, sir. I just thought of bringing these broachers to you. You can tick off the activities you want to take part and send them to me." Neil too then from him and thanked. "Lunch is ready, sir. Have a pleasant stay." With that, he left. Neil walked back into the room. Avni was near the closet area, in front of the mirror. She quickly brought her hair to the front. Neil knew something was wrong. "What happened?" Avni was startled. "N..Nothing." She replied. Neil didn't believe her. He moved closer, not removing his eyes from her neck. He was about to remove her hair, but Avni held her hand. Neil looked into her face, Avni slowly shook her head. That didnt stop him from moving her hair to a side. He gasped with what he found. Avni's skin was blood red, slowly getting bruised. "Did I just.." it was difficult for him to speak even. He slowly ran his finger over the wound, Avni winced with pain. Neil instantly removed his finger, and turned his face away. "Neil.." Avni tried to stop him. "It's lunch time. We better get ready before the buffet time is over." With that he left s very startled Avni and walked away. On t the deck.
He was scared. This is something he didn't even think about. He doesn't want to hurt Avni. Even a bit. Neil sighed and closed his eyes. The sight of the bruise and the way Avni winced.. it replayed again in his mind! Neil held his face in his hand. I have to keep my distance. Until I gain enough control over myself. I cant see Avni in pain, that too by my fault..

They walked into the restaurant together. Lunch went on a silent mode. No one talked to the other. Avni didn't have the guts to speak, as Neil was too silent. What's bothering him, was hurting her. "I want to sleep for a while." Neil said, after they finished with food. Avni didn't know what to say. Neil got up, and Avni had to follow him. He took a shower and got into bed, Avni sat idle on the couch..

Neil opened his eyes, he tried to figure out the time, but the room was dark as black. Neil tried to adapt his sight and got out of bed. He switched on the lights at the bedside wall, a dim light spread in the room. His sight rested on Avni, who was asleep on the couch in an uneasy position. Her skin glowed in the dark, her lips were inviting. Neil wanted to hug her really tight, and shower all the Love. But he hesitated. An unknown fear, squishing his heart out.
Avni opened her eyes, as her phone buzzed. Neil quickly looked away. The rest of the evening they spent at the bar, after dinner. Listening to music and took part in a chess game with other guests. Though non of them really enjoyed. The breeze from the ocean was soothing, the moon lighting bright at the sky, spreading its rays along the ocean. A perfect night to be with the person you love the most, but...
Avni changed into a pajama, which covered her well. She hesitated to wear the others, because of Neil's behavior since this afternoon. She came to the room and was about to get in, when she noticed the pillow in between. "Why.." she mumbled, trying to hold back her voice from breaking. "Yeah.. I just.." Neil couldn't complete his sentence. Avni turned around to the other side of the bed and draped the blanket on her. Neil's eyes welled up, this is not what she deserved but.. he just can't. He's feeling guilty and hurt at the same time.