24 [1/2]

[Because this chapter is so long, I decided to split it in two. The next part'll be longer, I swear.]

Hand in hand, Ashton and Luke wandered the woods. Luke had asked to go for a walk and Ashton thought the forest surrounding the castle was the best place to do so. Besides the occasional servant gathering wood, they were completely alone. Amongst the leaves and branches on the ground there were small puddles, aftermaths of that morning's downpour.

They were talking about pointless things, their endless chatter interrupted by an argument every once in a while. Nothing too serious though, just some small disagreements. Mainly Ashton's fault, Luke thought. All he had to do was admit that that bird over there was a sparrow rather than a robin.

But Ashton knew he was right. This forest was mainly used for his father's hunting trips, something his mother used to despise. To please her, Tomas had bought a bunch of robins. It would give the woods some colour and made walks a little more pleasurable.

"What kind of tree do you think that is? I like its leaves."

Luke said, pointing at a tiny tree. He bent down to pick up one of the leaves that had fallen on the ground.

"It's a hazelnut tree. Look at the nuts, they're edible. The Irish believe that this is the tree of knowledge."

Ashton explained and plucked a nut, handing it to the blond. Luke inspected it thoroughly while Ashton continued walking, guiding him deeper into the forest. He was amazed by his boyfriend's knowledge and wished he, too, was that smart. Gabriel always said that if he kept working hard, he would be in no time.

"Some people also th-"

Ashton stopped in the middle of his explanation when he felt Luke pull his arm and heard a soft oomph. He turned around, finding the boy on the ground, covered in mud. Stumbling was typical Luke, not a day passed where he didn't trip. But falling in a puddle of mud was awfully clumsy, even for him. Luke looked up with his eyes widened, sending Ashton in a fit of giggles.

"Don't laugh at me, you asshole."

Luke crossed his arms over his chest, obviously offended. Wanting his fair share of fun, he tickled the back of Ashton's knees. They both knew it was his weakness. Before he could say another word, he fell on his hands and knees in the mud. Luke smirked, proud of his payback.

"You little prick."

Ashton hissed, but his smile reassured Luke that he wasn't really angry. He gathered a hand full of mud and raised his hand, ready to throw it.

"No, I yield. I yield."

Luke squealed, running away to hide behind a tree. The mud on his skin was already starting to dry.

"C'mon, Lukey. If you come I'll give you a kiss. "

Ashton yelled as he sneaked closer. His boyfriend pouted. He was in for a kiss, but didn't want to be covered in mud.

"Please, Ashy."

He carefully revealed his face, sporting the cutest puppy eyes he could master. Ashton's look visibly softened and he dropped the mud.

"Come here, you cheater."

After wiping off his muddy hands, he nestled them in his boyfriend's hair and pulled him in for a kiss. Luke whined when he pulled back, his annoyance caused by the end of the kiss as well as the mud that was now stuck in his hair. Apparently wiping your hands clean with dirty trousers isn't very effective.

"Oh quit complaining."

Ashton teased, tapping the blond's nose with his muddy fingers. Instead of getting irritated, Luke grinned.

"I wanna draw something too."

He dipped his fingers in the mud before drawing a line on each one of Ashton's cheeks. The older boy chuckled and took of his shirt.

"Go ahead. Paint all you want."

Luke smiled contently, taking some more mud to start drawing. He himself kept his shirt on; he didn't want to ruin the mood. Ashton giggled when his fingers trailed down the sensitive skin of his torso, leaving curly lines and circles and shapes Luke had only just learned the correct name of. All the while, he'd saved a part in the middle. With his tongue poking out of his mouth - a typical Luke thing, meaning he was immensely concentrated - he wrote something on Ashton's stomach.

"There you go."

He stepped back with a smile, indicating Ashton should try to read what he had written on his chest.

Luke ♥ Ashton

"Luke likes Ashton."

The brunette read out loud, wearing his proudest smile. He couldn't be more happy, or so he thought.

"No, you idiot," Luke scolded, gently pushing his shoulder. "You're reading it wrong."

His voice softened and the teasing tone disappeared.

"It clearly says: Luke loves Ashton."

A/N

That was pure fluff.