Chapter 7

A/N: SHORT CHAPTER ALERT! The next one will be longer.

-------------------

Emily's POV

I was violently shoving clothes and my belongings back into boxes I had just unpacked them from when there was a knock at my bedroom door.

"Don't worry! I'm leaving." I said.

"Stop, Em. I'm sorry. This shouldn't have happened."

"No, you are right. I should go back. Boston is my home. I'm an adult. I can make my own decisions. I'm going home."

"Where will you go?"

"I've called dad. I'll stay with him until I can get a place of my own."

"Wait, Rob knows? What did he say?"

"He told me to come stay with him. To give you a few weeks to cool down. So, Zoey and I are flying back to Boston. Dad is sending a truck for our stuff."

"Emily, please don't go."

"Zoey and I will stay in a hotel until the moving truck gets here." I said.

I walked over to Zoey's room.

"Hey Zo-bug, let's go baby."

"Where we go, Mama?" She asked.

"We're going to go stay in a hotel for a couple days. Then we're going back to Boston, how's that sound?"

"I get to Grandma Sofia and Poppy again?!"

"Yes, baby!"

She clapped her hands and attempted to jump up and down.

"Maimeo, we're going back to Boston!"

My mother kneeled down at my smiling toddler and spoke softly.

"Zoey, Maimeo isn't coming with you guys. I'm going to stay here in LA, but I'll come visit, okay?"

"No!" Zoey screamed as she grabbed on to her grandmother. "Maimeo, you need to come with us! It's not an opinion."

Mom and I both looked at her.

"First of all, I think you mean it isn't an option. Second, how do you know that word?"

"Mama says it. Maimeo, please come with us?!"

Mom put her hand on Zoey's head, playing with the red curls.

"Maimeo is staying here. I love you so much, Zoey Jane." Mom said, squeezing my daughter.

"No!" Zoey cried.

Mom picked her up and Zoey rested her head on mom's shoulder. Mom started swaying back and forth and was singing a lullaby to the toddler. Once she was asleep mom started talking to me again.

"Em, please don't go! I don't want to wake up to an empty house again. I haven't done that in eight years, I don't want it to happen again!"

"I don't want to be here, mom! I will miss you so much, but I can't be here. It has been a month since we moved and I can't stand it! I'm sorry."

"I don't want you to leave." Mom said.

"Exactly, mom. You don't want me to leave. What about what I want? I want to be in Boston. That's where I'm going to be."

She put Zoey down on the bed and turned to me. She stepped closer and opened her arms, her eyes full of tears. I stepped into her embrace.

"I love you, Emily. I love you so much and I just want you to be happy. I'll miss you." She said as she kissed my cheek.

"I love you too, mama."