Chapter 4

After today, I went straight home.I was so mad and hurt I didn't even know what to think, I definitely like Ethan but it's so complicated because it seems like he doesn't want to be with me.

DING DONG.

I get out of bed and look out the window to figure out if I can see who's at the door, but I'm out of luck so just like that I go downstairs.

I think it's Carla, or maybe my parents came early.So I open the door directly but I wasn't ready for the thing that came next.

''Hey!''I hear him say with a nervous voice.

''Um, what are you doing here?''I ask.

''It's a long story...''

''Come in'' I add as I fully open the door and invite him into my home.

You must be wondering who this is, it's Jay, my ex.He's quite tall, tan and muscular, he has short dark brown almost black hair.He was my first love as I would like to say, also my first heartbreak and that's why I was surprised to see him.

''So, what are you doing here?''

''I'm back, for good.''

''And?'' I ask confused.

''What do you mean 'and?'; now we can be together!''

''Wait, what? We were together, we were doing good!And you decided to go follow your dreams, without discussing it with me first! ''

''It was a long time ago, I've changed.''

''Cut the bullshit I don't believe in people who 'change' get out! Now!''

And just like that I go to the entrance open the door and I kick him out.What the fuck is wrong with boys, first Ethan now Jay; I'm over Jay that's for sure, but I'm not ready to forgive him.I shared everything with him, he knows everything about me he knows things that even Carla doesn't know.Things that I regret telling him.After that. I go straight to sleep knowing that tomorrow morning my parents will come back to town after 2 weeks of 'work'.

Next Morning

''Maddie, Maddie, wake up mum and dad are here! And they brought presents!'' Said Matt excited jumping up and down.

''Go, I'll be right over''

This is their way to bribe us, but I'm not falling for it anymore, when I was around Matt's age, I would, I thought they were the best parents in the world, but boy was I wrong; They don't care about me or about Matt.I was the result of a one night stand and my brother was a drunken mistake.

I go to the bathroom and do the usual but today I'm taking my time, I'm not in a rush to see my parents, knowing that they are going to leave again at the end of this week.

I finally go downstairs.

'Maddie, Maddie, look at what I got! It's a brand new drone and it has a camera incorporated into it !''

''That's great buddy!''

Ding Dong

Hearing the doorbell ring It takes me back to last night.

''Maddison, would you be a dear and go see who's at the door'' Says my mum.

So I do.

I open the door and see Ethan; I didn't want my parents to see him so I go outside.

''What are you doing here, it's not a good time''

''Sorry, I know, you told me your parents are coming back today, but I had to see you because you wouldn't have responded if I called''