King's Castle

King's Castle

Upon entering the King's Castle, Laya's companions gasp at the sheer size and beauty of the interior. Gold graces almost every surface, magical tapestries hang from the walls; depicting the past Royal families of Civitas.

Suddenly there is movement before them. A figure of gold seems to materialize from out of one of the pillars, and walks humbly towards Laya's group. It stops before them and bows low.

"Thank you for coming." It says, and when it lifts its head, Laya and her companions see that it has indents in its head so that it resembles the face of a human. "The King will see you now."

Their group exchanges a look before they step forwards, but the golden humanoid holds its arms out to block them. Laya's companions cast it an aggressive look.

"Only Laya is permitted to see the King." It says, to which Leo growls at it. "Mere civilians are not allowed to see the King without permission from the King."

"I'd like to see you stop us!" Cade says. "We're not leaving her now that we've come this far together!"

Suddenly there are more golden humanoids, enough to surround their group. Leo, Sybil, Cade and Valentino look ready to fight if they have to in order to stay by Laya's side.

"Stop." Laya says to them with a smile. "Don't worry about me. This is the safest place in Civitas. Nothing will happen to me here."

Her companions are still tense, but they relax a little at her words.

"You will be lead to a room where you may rest until Laya has returned." One of the golden humanoids says, and the circle of golden figures breaks so that they can lead the group away from Laya.

Laya smiles at them and turns to follow the golden figure before her as it leads her up the stairs that materialize before them and to the waiting King.

C

Soon Laya is standing before a large golden door. She stares at it as the golden humanoid moves to knock on the door.

"Enter." A voice calls from inside, regal and strong.

The doors swing open to allow entry, and the golden humanoid merges into the wall beside the door. Laya steps into the room, and her eyes widen at the beauty around her.

This seems to be the throne room. There is a large golden carpet that goes from the door all the way to an elevated throne at the end of the room. Chandeliers and tapestries cover the walls, and Laya spots a tapestry of the king on the wall.

She walks down the carpet and finally arrives before the throne. Her eyes widen as she observes the person who sits there.

Wavy orange-gold hair, golden eyes, pale skin, wearing a golden dress that hugs her figure and an elegant deep orange cape that drapes off her shoulders gracefully.

Not a King, but a Queen.

"Laya." She says, rising when Laya stops before her. She opens her arms wide as she descends the few golden steps that lead to the throne room floor and to Laya's level.

Laya curtseys low. "Your Majesty."

"Rise, rise my love!" The Queen exclaims however, and when Laya does, she's enveloped in an embrace. "I have been waiting for you."

Get your hands off her. Ayal says, so loud that to Laya it sounds like he's speaking in her ear, standing right beside her.

"I've been watching your journey my love." the Queen says, pulling away slightly from Laya. "That woman in the 11th capital, the tailor in the tenth, Webb, that thug who hurt you, that sirens parents, all of them were my watchers."