Cade

Laya steps into the musician’s home. He places the case of money on the bed, along with his instrument.

“I noticed you watching me play the entire night.” He voices to her.

Laya nods at him. “I greatly enjoyed your performance.”

“Take a seat.” He says, and stands to remove his cloak when she takes a seat on the opposite chair.

Laya gazes at him when he finally takes off his cloak. The musician’s dark blue eyes matched his dark blue hair. His face has sharp but defined features, and he was much taller than Laya.

When he had finally removed all of his performance attire, he sat back down in the chair opposite to Laya.

“Why did you follow me here?” he asked, and returned Laya’s gaze for a second.

“I don’t know.” Laya states truthfully, and she sees a look of shock pass across his features at her words.

They sit in silence for a few seconds before he speaks up again.

“I heard someone laughing during my performance.” He says. “Was that you?”

Laya smiled at him, which seemed to catch him off guard.

“Yes, that was me.” She replies.

He pauses as if to compose himself again, before he speaks:

“Why were you laughing during my performance?” he asks her.

Laya stops to think about this for a second before answering.

“I thought it was funny when you stole the spectators’ money.” She answers.

He seems to think about her words, and stares at her, deep in thought.

“What is your name?” he asks.

“I am Laya.” She says. “Pleased to meet you.”

He pauses before stating his name.

“My name is Nathan.” He says to her.

Laya’s eyes gaze into his.

So that is what a lie is…interesting!

“What is you real name?” Laya asks.

His eyes widen for a split second before narrowing at her. “Why do you want to know?”

“That is because I gave you my real name, so I expect the same from you.” Laya says with a wink.

He looks slightly confused at the wink, but speaks up again regardless a few minutes later.

“My name is Cade.” He says, and reaches out to ‘shake’ her hand.

“Pleased to meet you, Cade.” Laya repeats, and shakes his hand.

Cade is the first to break the shake, and he sits back in his chair.

“…How did you know I was lying about my name?” Cade inquires.

Laya tilts her head to the side, an action that she saw a child doing when she was walking to ‘Kim’’s house earlier. Did other people not have this storage of information in their heads like she does?

“I just knew.” She said.

Cade blinked as if surprised at her answer. Then he ‘smirked’ at her.

“How did you know I was stealing from my spectators during my performance?” Cade asks her.

Laya smiled at him. “I saw you do it.”