Garroth's Promise

" I-I..."

"....feel real. The last thing I know I'm fighting Zane and now I'm here. I know this has to be a dream though I was there when you froze."

I pulled away and looked at Garroth. I felt tears fall.

" Garroth. I don't care if this is a dream or nor you need to know somethin."

" O-okay."

" Zoey unfroze me. She was able to bring me back to life using a potion she used on Malachi. Garroth the last thing I remember is shutting my eyes going to sleep. Garroth I'm back in reality. I hope your real and you can understand this."

He just stared at me. I cried and hung my head low. I felt sad. I wanted this to be real, but I didn't know if I was dreaming or Irene herself let me see him. I felt his hand hold my chin gently. He pulled my head up and wiped the tears away.

" I don't know if this is a dream or not, but Y/n I will find a way back to you. Laurence, Aphmau, and everyone. I promise. I will find a way back."

" Garroth don't make promises that you can't keep."

" I'm not though....Y/n I promise. I won't break this one."

He moved his hand from my chin to my cheek. He leaned in.

" I promise."

Was the last thing I heard him say before he closed the little gap between us. The kiss was sweet and gentle. Then I heard a bell ringing and we both pulled away and looked up. My vision became white and the next thing I see is darkness. I heard people talking.

" Where could she have gone?"

" I don't know maybe Alta?"

" She couldn't have the path is gone. Trees blocked it."

" Well what if-she's back!"

I opened my eyes and seen Laurence and Aphmau talking. They ran up to me and hugged me. When they pulled away they started yelling at me.

" Where did you go!?"

" Why did you leave Phoenix Drop!?"

" Do you know how dangerous it is!?"

I just looked at them in confusion.

" What are you guys talking about?" I asked.

" During the night you dissapeared." Aphmau said.

" No. I fell asleep and I had a weird dream/reality thing."

They both looked at each other in concern.

" Explain." Laurence said.

I told them all my " dream " and how I met Garroth at a tree on a hill. I told them every detail. Even the part when Garroth kissed me. They both looked confused.

" I don't know what that is. At all Y/n. I'll ask Zoey about it. Please don't sleep at all until tonight."

I nodded and Aphmau left. Laurence stayed by my bed side. I noticed he had bags under his eyes.

" Laurence are you okay? You look tired."

" Cause I am. Once Aphmauu woke me up I stayed by your bed hoping you would come back."

" We'll get some sleep okay. I want to go see Ben."

He nodded and went to a bed to sleep as I walked down the tree. When I got to the bottom I seen Ben talking with Dante.

" Hey guys." I waved.

they both smiled at me. I hugged them both.

" So whatcha talking about?"

" Non of your buisness." Ben said in a playfull tone.

" Excuse me I'm your mother. I need to know everything about your conversations."

" No you don't. I'm a grown up now."

" Not to me."

We all laughed and Dante left to help APhmau with rebuilding the gate.

" So mom you need something?"

" Yes. So remember Garroth? I want to know if he trained you."

" Yes he did. He taught me how he was taught."

" Okay I want to see your skill so let's spar."

" Okay."

We started walking towards the beach and once we got there we got in a stance and got ready. He charged at me, but I dodged it. He tried to kick my feet from under me, but failed. I was able to knock his sword out of his hand and trip him as he fell. I pointed my sword at him.

" I win."

" Geez mom your good."

" That wasn't even in my final form. You have Garroth's skill, but let me teach you okay?"

" Okay."

I helped him up and I walked with him back to the village.