The Beginning

I woke up that morning feeling well rested. I decided that the dress I was wearing was not appropriate for walking and running and camping. So I changed into something more suitable. More comfortable...

The coat hid the knives I held in my pocket and some of my belt that contained my sword, arrows, and a few knives

The coat hid the knives I held in my pocket and some of my belt that contained my sword, arrows, and a few knives. I put a bow on my back and picked up my backpack and started walking towards the portal leading to Phoenix Drop. When I reached the portal I saw Laurence and Garroth standing there talking.

   " You guys ready to go?"

   " Wait he's coming with us?"

   " Ya. I thought You two would want some bonding time and I could you know be the third wheel. "

   " Garrence will never happen!" They both shouted at me. 

I laughed my lungs out and they just glared at me.

   " Okay boys let's go then. "

We walked through the portal one by one. When I got to the other side I didn't feel as nauseous as I did the first time I went through Lucinda's portals. Garroth and Laurence, on the other hand, were on the ground. I helped them up and sprayed their faces with water. They stood and we started walking towards the gates of Phoenix Drop.

   " Why not use the stone?"

   " I want to find it without the stone. Shows myself that I'm not that dependant on it. I have it in case we get lost. "

   " Alright."

We started walking through the forest and towards the old campsite that I used to have. When we got there I saw that a small tree was growing where my fire would be.

   " Okay, this was my campsite that I and D/n stayed at. We should head that way.  "

 I pointed towards the south. The guys nodded and we started walking South.

( Time Skip )

We walked for hours. I never realized how far away it would be. I'm not lost. I know I'm going in the right direction. We were walking on an old path I used to take. It kept me hidden from the villages that new about me. They would always keep me away from their town. Here though is different. These towns wanted to use me. I ran and took this path to hide from them. 

   " Should we start setting up for camp?" Garroth asked.

   " Ya. You two start. I'm going to hunt for some food. "

   They both nodded and I took my bow from my back and put an arrow on the string ready to shoot. I carefully walked around trying not to scare any deer that might be around. I saw some colored brick in the distance. I walked towards it to see a house...

 I walked towards it to see a house

...a witches house. I walked towards the door and knocked. There was no answer. I pushed the door and it opened. I walked inside seeing a living room, stairs, cauldron, and kitchen. I searched the place top to bottom. The top floor was a potions room and the other room on the side of the house contained two bedrooms. I walked out of the house and back to our campsite. They were about to set the tents up, but I stopped them.

   " Guys I found a witches house we could stay in. "

   " Doesn't a witch live there or a warlock?"

   " Nope. I checked it. No ones there. "

   " Okay let's go. "

They put everything back in their packs and I walked them towards the house. When we got there I saw a deer out of the corner of my eye.

   " Okay, guys stay still."

   " Why?"

I shot at the deer and hit directly above the leg. The deer went down quick. 

   " That's why. I never said the place had food. "