The Battle has only Begun

Without telling anyone how she knew the information, Rey told the resistance how the battle would be fought, Kylo doing the same in a dark room, not far from Tatooine.

"This will be a final battle," she started, speaking to every member of the resistance near her.

"There will be no cannons, troops, or ships wasted," he told the small table of officers surrounding him.

"We will line up," she continued, "every last one of us with our chests puffed and eyes high. No fear is to be shown on this battle feild."

"They won't hide. There are no pits to hide in in a rock planet, so we wont either," Kylo stated.

"And even if there are thousands of them, we will not flee. We will not hide. This. Is. Our. Final. Stand." she yelled passionately, her voice echoing through the cave.

"This is how..." he began.

"This is how..." she began.

"The First Order"

"The Resistance"

"Will be remembered!" they cried in unison, miles away from each other.

In this time, the armies had set up a fair distance apart.

The First Order's troops covered an entire desert, and The Resistance consisted of 35 darkly dressed men and women, bravely staring the metal army down.

They stood there as The First Order brought in hundreds and hundreds of troops.

They stood there, bravery overwhelming their fear.

They puffed their chests out, thinking of Rey's speech.

They stood there, waiting for their inevitable deaths.

And suddenly there was silence.

The sleek ships had brought the last of The First Order's troops.

Twenty enormous ATATs stared back at the miniscule resistance.

Kylo Ren's personal ship hovered over the sand, eerily reminding some of the battle on Crait.

Not a single person breathed.

"Wait," Kylo instructed the officers of this ship.

"Wait," Rey called out to the resistance, feeling a tremor in the force.

"Let us down," he instructed the pilot.

Rey saw his ship lower to the ground, the entire army frozen behind it.

"Tell the troops to not move a muscle unless I instruct them," he reminded Hux, who spat at him, disgusted.

His boots clicked with every step down the ramp and toward the center of the battle zone.

Looking back at the 35 brave men and women behind her, Rey stated, "Don't move until I tell you."

To their suprise, she walked to him, meeting him in the center of the landscape.

Her heart thundering in her chest, his ears were filled with the rapid heartbeats. She had almost reached him when she saw him drop his black cape, his dark hair blowing toward her in the fierce wind. Dust kicked up behind him spinning it's way to her.

"Rey," his voice cracked when she reached him, her face only inches away from his chest.

"It doesn't have to be this way," she pleaded, placing her hand on his chest and tilting her chin upwards.