Finally, We Can Breathe Again

Rey awoke in a room alone. The air was warm and sticky in her bed. It was one that looked as if it were fit for a queen.

She pushed off the satiny blankets, and a unfamiliar nightgown stuck to her legs and stomach with sweat. Rey kicked her feet off of the matress, dangling them over the ground. She hopped down, walking to a balcony with the doors open. She knew who waited there.

She gasped, her eyes moving over a lush landscape with trees so many shades of green that almost it made her dizzy, but that wasn't most incredible part. The lake before her was a stunning blue, matching the color of the haze around the other person on that balcony.

"Where are we?" she asked.

"Naboo," he responded, looking out into the lake's crystallike waters, "the house of my late grandmother."

He pulled out a chair for her to sit on, and she did so. He pulled another out for himself.

She yawned, still sleepy despite the breathtaking view.

"You've been unconcious for a month, are you really still tired?" he asked, teasing.

"A month?" she replied, suddenly frantic, Rey stood up, worrying, "The Resistance, I must help them!"

He caught her shoulder, pushing her back into the chair.

"They're gone," he said, receiving a startled look, "and so is The First Order."

She gasped, "So what is left?"

He smiled, breathing in the fresh air, "The Republic has returned, and the people will rule again."

His voice was velvety smooth and rich with emotion. She stood up walked to the chair next to him, breathing in his calming scent.

"What will we do now?" she asked, hopeful.

"Live."

He pressed her sweating stomach with his hand, feeling for something. She had never felt anything like the love that gesture had conveyed.

Jerking away, she flashed him questioning eyes.

He understood her unasked question.

"You're with child," he replied, his voice thick with nervousness, "I can feel it stirring within you."

"Since when?" she asked, speechless.

"Before bond broke, I felt it then too," he caressed the small bump once again.

Reaching out with her mind, she felt them. A firey duo, but a balanced one.

"Twins..." she smiled.

He looked down, watching her reaction. She could hardly contain her surprise.

"What will you name them?" he asked quickly.

Rey didn't respond for a few moments, feeling his concern. She contemplated how to respond.

"She will be called Annie," Rey started confidently.

His voice lowered to a frantic whisper, "And him?"

"Ben." she stated, more certain of that than anything in the entire galaxy.

Ben laughed, relief replacing his tenseness.

All was forgiven and forgotten.