I'm the Darkness

Vampire By People in Planes

Kara POV

I could hear the heart beats that filled the restaurant, it was annoying but after centuries of being this way I was use to it. The only person who understood all of this was Charlotte, who was sitting beside me and had been for give or take a few centuries by my side. I continued to laugh and smile along with the girls we had managed to make friends with months ago, though they were too dumb too notice my unusual habits. For some reason I believed they only became our friends because Charlotte and I had British accents and Americans were getting slightly obsessed with it lately. I glanced around the restaurant and noticed a man with wild hair sitting with his friend at the bar. I tilted my head noticing the strange attire they wore. His friend had a cat on his shirt and he had a wolf on his hoodie. I smiled slightly and nudged Charlotte, who was also watching them.

"They keep staring at us. How amusing..human men." Charlotte said in a inaudible whisper that only I could hear. I nodded once before smiling.

"They are kind of cute. Remember what I said though Charlotte. We have to start breaking away from humans. The hunters are getting close and I don't want a repeat of what happened before." I cleared my throat before talking in a audible voice. "Excuse Charlotte and I... We have a party to attend with some other friends. I really wish we could go clubbing with you all." I put on a smile and stood, accepting the hugs they gave before walking out with Charlotte. "I'm starving. I haven't fed in a month and acting human isn't my thing Charlotte and you know that." I took a deep breath that did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't need to breath and neither did she, but to not raise suspicion we had gotten use to all the humanly functions.

"I may be thousands of years younger than you, but I know what you're feeling. Kara you need to get use to acting human. I know before I came you stayed away from others and all, but get used to it. I'm here for you. You're like a sister to me. Now cheer up and lets actually go out and have fun! Of course after we have a little drink." She smirked at me before nudging me and making me smile.

"You're right. It's just hard because I don't want to put another human through getting attacked because of me. The last thing I want is to hurt anymore people. I killed enough people through the centuries. I dont want anymore blood on my hands." I gave a nod before heading into the pub and into the bathroom, pulling a blood bag out of my purse and taking a few sips before giving it to Charlotte who drained the rest. She really didn't know how I felt. I was a vampire and werewolf. A hybrid I guess. She was just a vampire. I had a beast inside that I couldn't always control.