Love Don't Die

Love Don't Die By The Fray

Charlotte POV

I'd managed to take down the rest of the men before looking at Kara as she fell to the ground. I swallowed hard seeing how many times they had gotten her. She didn't have a chance in my opinion. My best friend and the man I loved were both either dead or close to death. As much as I cared for my friend I first had to check on Kyle. I couldn't hear his heart. Kara had gotten herself possibly killed for good to try and save them and they were already dead. I sat down, my vision blurry from tears as I stroked his cheek then took the rope off his and Dan's neck.

"I'm so sorry Kyle...you didn't deserve this" I sobbed and pulled him into my arms when I heard a gasp. It was from my Kyle. His eyes shot open, but his heart wasn't beating. He'd taken the gem! I smiled with tears in my eyes and hugged him tighter as he hugged me.

"Dan took it too...where is Kara...why isn't she getting up?" He said softly, breathing quickly, just out of habit. I looked to Dan whose eyes had opened and he seemed much more calmer than Kyle. He sat up and looked at Kara, probably noticing the pool of blood that had surrounded her body. I stopped hugging Kyle and watched him for a moment as did Kyle.

"Dan...I'm sorry. I'll see what I can do, but I don't know if she can heal from all of that." He stood slowly and walked over to Kara, kneeling beside her and moving the hair from her face.

"She can't leave me...I can't do this without her. Charlotte please...please!" He yelled as he began to sob, picking her up and pulling her into his arms. Kyle stood and helped me up before slowly walking to his friend and resting a hand on his shoulder. I swallowed hard and lowered my eyes.

"Dan...I'll see what I can do. We have a apartment not too far from here." I looked around and saw the head hunters body, digging in his pockets and grabbing some car keys, hopefully to a van. "Follow me, lets get out of here." I took a deep breath and blurred to the exit, seeing a white van across the street and rushing over to it. Dan had already figured out his abilities and had passed me, blurring into the back of the van with Kara in his arms. Kyle climbed in as well and just watched Dan. I quickly started the vehicle and headed down the empty street, messaging a close friend to take care of the bodies, retrieve the bikes, and meet back at our place.

Once I parked the van outside of the building I looked around, not seeing anyone and got out of the van, opening the back. Dan rushed upstairs after Kyle and I and sat her on the sofa.

"What do I do? Give me a tool or blood or whatever Charlotte. I'm not losing her." His jaw tightened as he looked at me, his eyes were red from tears and his iris' crimson from his vampirism at such a heightened moment since he was freshly turned. I got two pairs of surgical tools and sat beside him, removing Kara's shirt and taking in all the bullet wounds. They hadn't even healed, but maybe she didn't want them to heal. Dan rushed along, picking out an bullet he could find as I did her legs. Kyle had retrieved 4 blood bags, sipping one and making a face. He dropped some blood into Kara's mouth but she didn't even response. Dan stopped and looked at Kara, shaking his head.

"Kyle and I will give you a moment." I stood up and grabbed Kyle's hand, walking outside and closing the door. I hadn't realized I began to cry as Kyle wrapped his arms around me. I'd lost the woman who had saved me.

Dan POV

Once they'd left the room I grabbed a blood bag and tried to give her more, but nothing changed. I pulled her in my arms, not caring about all the blood that was on both of us. "Please...please wake up...I can't be here without you." I sobbed, rocking her slightly.

"Mmm you're going to make me sick" I heard her mumble against my shirt and I began smiling as I moved away and kissed her softly. "You know I didn't want to be here without you...either...I let them do this in hopes it would kill me but....I guess I was only out for a few" She smiled weakly, raising her hand to my cheek then stroking under my eye "I didn't see the the ring on your hand and thought you hadn't worn it. I thought you were gone." I swallowed hard before kissing her again.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want them to figure it out so Kyle and I tossed them...here you need to feed." I grabbed on of the blood bags and handed it to her before before rushing back outside.

"Charlotte! Kyle! She's alive! well...awake!" They followed me inside and sat on the other sofa as I pulled her into my arms and closed my eyes, resting. It was weird not having to breath or blink, but still I did so anyway. Everything was heightened. I could smell everything in the room and hear the cars in the street. I could feel my love stronger for the woman in my arms. This was just the beginning.