If You Only Knew

If You Only Knew ~Shinedown

Charlotte POV

I walked up to Kara and I's flat, tugging out my keys and opening the door. Her backpack was already hanging up and she was asleep on the sofa, a half glass of wine sitting on the table. It was her usual after shifting ritual. She was wrapped in a comforter, wearing nothing cause that is just how she was. I laughed slightly and grabbed the glass, washing it in the kitchen before bringing out my phone and texting Kyle that I had arrived home safely. I joined her on the sofa and flipped through the channels, catching a bit of some late night show.

"Mmm go away it's too loud" She mumbled and opened an eye to look at me before sitting up, still wrapped in her comforter. 

"Do you remember anything?" I turned the tv down a little and watched her, slightly smiling as she shook her head no. "Well a certain man named Dan Smith noticed those golden eyes... fell down the hill and got trapped by a bunch of wolves. You scared them off and let him pet you." I laughed and watched her turn red slightly before hiding her face. "He means something to you apparently. Give him a chance? Please?" I watched her thinking face for a moment and smirked, knowing I had gotten under her skin enough. 

"Fine, but if the hunters get close we leave. If he finds out our secret then we'll handle it calmly. I assume Kyle is included in this deal since you were by his side and I see your phone lighting up like a Christmas tree with messages." She laughed and moved the blanket over her head, returning to her sleeping position. "Good night my friend."

"Good night. I'll wake you for our lunch date." I smirked and walked to my bedroom as she groaned in response. I changed into my pjs before climbing into bed and drifting off to sleep. Lunch with the boys would open a whole new door for Kara and I. It would be a whole new world for Dan and Kyle.