Together Forever

Kihyun waved goodbye to his mother for the last time before he walked into the airport. He saw the car slowly fading away into the distance. It was a bittersweet farewell. He was overjoyed knowing that his mom was doing well, but he would really miss her. His mom was always supporting him during tough times, especially before he debuted as a member of Monsta X. He recalled all the times he would call his mom when he had waterfalls of tears running down his cheeks, trying to speak coherently. Whenever he felt like the world had crashed down on him and he was stuck, his mom would always cheer him up with her kind words. Kihyun loved his mom to the moon and back, and that's why it hurt so much to be away from her for so long. The occasional phone call was never enough for Kihyun, but he was grateful for this opportunity to see her.

He had finally gotten through security and was headed for his gate. He found it and sat down, taking off his backpack and setting it by his legs on the floor. He pulled out his phone and read his notifications. One caught his eye.

"Message from 'Min-Min ️': 'Have you boarded yet?' "

Kihyun smiled from ear to ear. He clicked on the "reply" button and quickly texted,

"Not yet, 15 minutes left I think,".

"Oh ok, I missed you 😁".

"Missed you more,". Kihyun smiled at the thought of Minhyuk's smile. He scrolled through his camera roll looking for a picture of the two. He came across a cute one.

Minhyuk looked like a fluffy bunny and Kihyun was so eager to see him again

Kihyun boarded the plane and sat in his seat, which was in the back (again). He was the only one in his row so he felt lonely. He checked his phone one last time out of boredom and was shocked to see who had texted him.

"Message from 'Ken': Hey".

Kihyun froze. Ken hadn't been in contact with him since he left college except for the mysterious phone call. Kihyun assumes it was because studies were too time-consuming, but recent events caused him to have other thoughts. He thought before typing his reply,

"Hi".

"You were visiting Mom, right?".

"Yeah".

"Sorry about that phone call from a few days ago. I was at a party and my friend picked up. Haha, he was really drunk so I had to hang up before he could say anything stupid. Enough about me, though, how are you?"

Kihyun heaved a sigh of relief. Ken was still a child at heart. He still cared about Kihyun. He was still the same person Kihyun always knew.

"I'm fine. I miss you.".

"I miss you too. I'll see if I can come home during winter. You better come see me, hamster,".

"I will, bunny,".j