Chapter 15

~ Katie's POV~

I can't believe I'm still siting here in the damn police station. I didn't do anything wrong! Or did I? I mean I killed someone, a living, breathing person now dead because of me. But he was gonna kill me. But I still killed someone and I will never forgive myself for that.

~ Matts POV~

I drove to the police station with the proof of both Regina setting Katie up and Michael still being alive. Those a**holes! Once I got there I ran to the officer that took Katie here the other day.

Matt: Hey! Officer!

Officer: Uh, Matt right?

Matt: Yeah. I have something I think you would be interested in.

Officer: What?

I then gave him the recording. After he heard it all he called in officers to go to Regina's house. I couldn't wait until they would come here handcuffed and feel the pain Katie felt. Now, I need to tell Katie the news.

~ Katie's POV~

I was still waiting in the same room when I saw the door open. Once I saw who it was I ran up to him and engulfed him in a hug.

Katie: OMG! I missed you so much! I didn't think you would come back for me!

Matt: Of course I would come back for you. How could I not? But I have some news for you.

Katie: Okay. But first can you please get me some coffee. I asked almost 10 freaking officers to get it for me and they haven't!

Matt: Okay, sure *giggles* She is such a white girl.

Katie: I heard that! And I'm not white!

Matt: Well you're a white girl at heart.

I rolled my eyes and he left to get my coffee. I couldn't believe he came back for me.. Me out of all people.

** Couple minutes later**

I saw someone open the door again. Finally, Matt with my coffee! What took him so long? But I was shocked when it wasn't him who opened the door it was.....

~ Matts POV~

I was getting Katie's coffee when I noticed the officer from earlier talking on the phone worried.

Officer: Well what happened.... OMG! I knew I shouldn't have put you in charge!..... No! This is all you're fault!....

Then he noticed me listening and walked away still yelling at the person on the phone. I wonder what they were talking about. Well whatever it was, we will find out about it soon. I went to the room where Katie was, opened the door and saw....

A guy?

~ Katie's POV~

At first I had no idea who this man was in front of me, but then I figured it out...

Katie: Dad?

Dad: OMG Katie! You have grown up so much!

He came and hugged me but I was too shocked to hug back.

Dad: I know you must have a bunch of questions and I'm now ready to answer all of them...

But for some reason I couldn't talk. I was just in so much shock I didn't know what to do. So, I did what I never thought I would be able to do...

I slapped my dad, who to me didn't feel or act like a dad.

He was in shock but understood why I slapped him.