Arranged Marriage 12

It's midday, Saturday, the day after the heavy drinking session by the boys and it was our first Saturday of freedom since school had ended and I'd only attended for one week, what was the point? Phoebe was pretty bad too trying to keep up with them, but Maria and I didn't have anything after the first. Being the only sensible one's there, we knew someone had to drive back home. I dropped of Padre somewhere in the village on the way to our house, then brought Finley back. He was forced him to sleep on the sofa so that I could sleep in a bed free from the threat of a very, very drunk Finley.

I heard a crash from the living room nearest the French doors leading onto the patio. It was a gorgeous day was I was setting up some chairs and had Bruce prepare some food for Maria and Phoebe (if she was well enough) to come over. And now Finley had gone and woken up and ruined the peacefulness of the day.

I looked through the open doors and saw that he was fine, he'd just managed to kick over the glass of water I'd left him and gone back to sleep again. How ungrateful! I could have just left him there to suffer but I'd brought down a blanket and even went rummaging around a cupboard to find some headache tablets.

Looking at his pale face, I felt sorry for him for a second, only a second, before I remembered how much he had chosen to drink, so it's his own fault. I walked over and sat on the edge of the sofa. I looked down at his face and couldn't help but think how utterly gorgeous he was.

His dark mahogany hair contrasted perfectly with his perfect skin and complemented his full dark pink lips. His eyelashes were dark as well, darker than usual on a boy. I placed my hand on his cheek, feeling it a lot warmer than it should have been, then I ran my fingers through his cotton-like hair. It was as if I couldn't help it, he looked so vulnerable and almost angelic. I highly doubt that'll continue.

I stood up and bent over to pick up the glass, luckily unbroken, no thanks to Finley, when I heard someone wolf-whistle behind me. "I could get used to that sight every morning."

"Grow up, Finley!" I snapped, so tempted to throw the remaining water over him. Instead, I acted the mature adult for once, and handed it and the tablets to him, although I didn't miss the opportunity to ram it hard into his hands so some splashed over his t-shirt.

"FLEUR!" he shrieked and jumped up off of the sofa. The sudden movement must have hurt his precious little head as he suddenly put a hand to his forehead and gulping down the tablets. I hope it did hurt. A lot. "You're lucky I'm not going to get you back for that- and for slapping me yesterday."

"You had that coming. And anyway, you couldn't get me back in your condition even if you wanted to." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. Bad move.