Lifeless

((Aaron's POV))

The first person I told was James. I called him and explained the whole thing. He sighed.
"Aaron, I'm so sorry..." He huffed. "I wish I could do more..."
But there was nothing he could do. I was broken. And I couldn't be fixed. I was fucked.
I don't remember crying. I don't remember much after I called James, but I remember one thing. I remember one thought.

What's the point anymore?

And that was it. I didn't think twice.

------

The street was busy. Rush hour. Cars zoomed left and right, going thirty, maybe fourty miles above the speed limit. No one cared anymore. The cops had given up on this street.
I went as far away from a cross walk as I could.
I didn't leave a note.
I didn't tell myself no.
I didn't say goodbye.

It hurt. For a second, but then it's over. There's no time for pain. Not for the pain to really sink in.

That's what I thought, at least.

Bright lights woke me up from my hideaway. I saw a figure hover over me. They gasped as I opened my eyes.
"Aaron!! Aaron thank God you're alive!!" They gasped.
Thomas.
Where was I...?
A hospital.
Why was I...?
I have a purpose.
What is it...?
I don't know.
But someone cares about me. And that person was none other than Thomas fucking Jefferson.

James was there, too. And surprisingly, Alex.
It took weeks to get out of that shithole, but I was still bedridden.
I wish I knew what was happening between Alex and Thomas. I know I messed something up.

((Thomas' POV))

You know when you fuck up something so bad, and you know you have to face it soon, how you get that growing pit of anxiety? That's how it was facing Alex. I knew I fucked up.

But when I saw him, he wasn't... mad...
He was...
Sad...

Not about Aaron, about... us...
We excused ourselves from the room for a little to talk. We walked the halls, side by side.

"...Why were you with him...?" Alex asked, not looking up from the ground.
"I... I felt bad... for... abandoning him..." I said truthfully.
"I'm sorry... I'm sorry I got mad... I had no right to..." Alex teared up. "I love you so much..."

I stopped him. I pulled him close and kissed him, tearing up. I loved him so much... And he had no clue...

----------

((408 words))

((A/N: sorry for slow updates.))