Meeting.

(Alex's POV)
Kindergarten. Thomas' bullying went all the way back to kindergarten. I still remember the first time he ever did something mean to me.
We were actually good friends in kindergarten. We played kickball together, we had play dates after school, once our moms even took us to go see a movie together.
It was recess. I distinctly remember Aaron and Thomas' conversation.
Aaron was jealous because Thomas spent more time hanging out with me than him.
"If you like Alex so much, why not marry him!?" Aaron shot. Thomas' eyes widen.
"I don't like Alex! I'm not gay!" He shouted.
"Prove it." Aaron grunted, folding his arms. Thomas looked over at me.
I was leaning against the wall of the school, reading a book.
He came over to me and lightly kicked my shin.
"Owie!" I gasped, closing my book. "What'd you do that for?" I asked.
"You're a dummy head!" Thomas smacked. The words hit me like a knife.
"Wh... what...?" I stuttered. Aaron came up behind him.
"Yeah! And you're a poopy pants!" He hissed. I felt tears well up in my eyes.
The stupid kindergarten insults went on and on, until the bell rang and we all ran inside. I slowly wandered inside then went to the bathroom and cried.

Things didn't get much better from there.

Elementary school was when the more emotional bullying started. He would always pick on me for my father leaving me. And it didn't get any better when my mother died. He used to say things like, "I bet she's thankful she died. She didn't have to deal with you anymore."
Middle school is when things got physical. With the addition of lockers, Thomas found more ways to find my life a living hell.
He would lock me in them, get my hair stuck in them, hell, one time, he got my hand stuck in a locker.
High school was the worst of it. He got more physical, more verbal, and more emotionally abusive.

So when I went behind the school that day, and saw Thomas (BY HIMSELF, BY THE WAY) I nearly freaked out.
'Shit! He's gunna kill me!' I thought, then felt something on my arm. Writing.

My dear soulmate,
Just so you don't confuse me with anyone else, I am wearing a dark hoodie. I would tell you the color if I could see them...
I can't wait to meet you and finally see colors.
~Soulmate

I looked up at Thomas. Dark hoodie.

How tall are you?

I wrote, not bothering to add a, "my dearest" or anything.

About 6 foot. Why?

"Fuck!" I shouted. Thomas looked over at me.
"Why are you here!?" He snapped.
Tears formed in my eyes. I looked up at the sky.
"You got something wrong, fuck face!" I shouted, to whatever god that was up there and ran off.

(Thomas' POV)

My soulmate wanted to meet me.

I nearly screamed in excitement.
At the end of the day, I raced to the back of the school.
Two minutes pass 4:00, the door to the back of the school opened. I straightened my back, but it was only Hamilton. I rolled my eyes and wrote a little note on my arm.

My dear soulmate,
Just so you don't confuse me with anyone else, I am wearing a dark hoodie. I would tell you the color if I could see them...
I can't wait to meet you and finally see colors.
~Soulmate

It didn't take long for my soulmate to respond, but their response did confuse me. It was too casual compared to my soulmate's normal writing.

How tall are you?

I repsonded.

About 6 foot. Why?

Suddenly, Hamilton burst into tears. I looked over at him.
"Why are you here!?" I snapped.
He looked up and screamed at the sky.
"You got something wrong, fuck face!" He shouted, and ran off.
At that moment, I realized why Alex was there.
I realized everything at that moment.

Alex was my soulmate.

((673 words))