Prologue

"Nicole, please! You're the only girl that I'm close to willing to do this!" Prodigy, or how I call my 'best friend' begged on his own two knees in front of me.  The usual umber shades he usually sported was nowhere in plain sight, allowing me total access to see such high desire. His tensed palms were forcefully grasping onto my own -- yet another given example of how desperate he was for my approval.

"No way!" I jerked away from his grip, causing him to slightly stumble forward. With a certifiable glare, my inner thoughts screamed the word 'Insane' once I noticed him hastily crawl towards my presence. "And who said I was 'willing' to do this, cause I'm not! The only thing I'm going to get is even more hate! I could barely survive people calling me a 'bitch' on Twitter, and-"

 "They won't call you a bitch!"

 "Okay, fine!" I shouted back. "They'll call me a whore!"

As if he had enough, Prodigy got up his own two feet and stood directly infront of me. Being a 5'7'' man with muscle, intimidation became an immediate factor once those eyes of his saw through me.  

"Come on, Nicole," he stressed. "You know it was Walter and Keisha's idea, not mine!"

"That's the thing!" I protested, throwing my hands in the air like a baffled mad man. "Why me? Out of all the girls in the world, why me? Jesus Christ, they could have Willow Smith do it, not me! At least she's a celebrity already!"

Prodigy placed his palms on my shoulder. He began stroking it, a familiar gesture he used to calm me down. But still furious with such an offer, I pushed him away. 

I heard him heavily sigh. "They want you because the fans already know you, Nicole, as my best friend." He turned his view away from me, as if contemplating the situation himself. "You already know Walter and Keisha won't do anything to have us caught... 'cause that would ruin the Interscope's rep, as well as ours."

He paused, staring off into the distance. His orbs landed straight towards the multiple swaying maples, observing them as they followed the direction of the calm New Yorkan wind. "If you think about it... it is kind of cute..."

Hearing that caused me to lose my worries completely. Never have I thought about being in that particular situation with him, and never have I thought that I would be forced to. But no one could deny -- who ever did despise the 'best-friends-going-on-dating' bandwagon? May I be wrong, but it's every girl's dream! 

I hadn't realized I was zoning out completely until I caught Prodigy's bold smile flaunting straight at me; the two wide rows of pearly whites was already a familiar, yet rarely shown face. I couldn't resist seeing how happy he was, and as the silent seconds passed, I found myself easily giving in.

Well, he is my best friend... and this will only be for a few months, I informed myself mentally, nibbling on my bottom lip in the process. Honestly, the length didn't even matter because whatever I did -- whether good or bad to the community -- Team Mindless would always find a way to bicker at me. Therefore, I had nothing to lose when it came to my reputation. Besides, what teenage girl wouldn't want to receive the life of a pampered, sociable princess?

"Okay," I sighed, making my final decision. "I'll be your fake girlfriend."