Chapter 15

Author's Note: Remember, Nicole and Prod sleep in one bed! So don't get confused to why they're sleeping together when they aren't technically in a relationship... if you guys catch my drift. Lol. 

*

My eyes stared deliriously through the transparent windows of the balcony. I could fully grasp a view of stars twinkling brightly, contrasting themselves across the blackened sky. On the right, I saw a full moon, which was blinding itself from the stars. 

It was just like our first date.

Call me crazy that I remember what the sky looked like on our first date. I really was going crazy. For Prodigy, at least. Sighing, I tossed my body over so I could lay on my right side, faintly grunting as I lifted the pressure off my tensed side. It was at least three in the morning, and having sleepless nights actually became apart of my daily schedule. 

My eyes gazed upwards, hearing Prodigy’s soft, peaceful snores. I also noticed a small smile form every time he’d compact his lips. Without even thinking, I brought my own lips to carve a smile. Even though the boys had to practice all day -- going over their songs, dance routines, and the tour schedule -- Prodigy still had that recognizable grin on his face. I didn’t realize it until now, but Prodigy was a real humble guy. Fame didn’t get in his head; he was simply just a hard worker. Without a doubt, you could tell he loved his career and wouldn’t give it up for the world, no matter what negative circumstances came along with it. 

Damn. Another reason why to love Prodigy.

Just then, the sound of mellow rumbling echoed throughout the room. Due to the sudden sound, I flinched. At the corner of my eyes, I noticed Prodigy’s silhouette quickly grasp his own stomach. 

“Prodigy..” He brought his brown orbs in my direction. “Are you hungry?”

He laughed; I could hear a hint of humiliation in his tone. “Yeah.. sorry if I woke you.”

I shook my head, slightly delighted that he didn’t notice my all-night reflections. I stood up, grabbing one of his palms. I could feel the shocks of electricity travel to my body when my fingers intertwined with his. 

“Where are we going?” Prodigy questioned, unsure whether to follow or not.

 “Well, you said you were hungry.” A cheeky smile formed across my lips. “So let’s go make some food!”

Prodigy chuckled, stretching his arms aback from the unexpected movement. That’s when I noticed that he was shirtless; he only had on his boxers and raggedy basketball shorts. My eyes almost burned from how good looking Prodigy had gotten -- actually, scratch that. Prodigy was always good looking.

“You said you gonna come right?” I heard Prod’s voice ring in my ears, only to make me realize he had already walked towards our bedroom door. With myself looking a bit lost, he snickered at my reaction. I didn’t really care, though. I just hoped he wasn’t aware of my thoughts about him. About us.

Prodigy’s POV

“What do you want?” Nicole peeped against the sound of her bunny slippers, which were squeaking against the granite floors. I chuckled to myself at her adorable appeal against me.  

“Honestly..” I looked her straight in her eyes. “I want cake.” 

“What?!” Nicole’s facial expression dropped instantly. “It’s, like, three in the morning and you want a damn cake?! The hell, Prod?!”

“Please?” I pouted. “I miss your cooking.” 

I knew straight from the heart that I had deep feelings for Nicole, but besides her personality, her aspect of knowing how to cook [strangely enough] turned me on. It wasn’t to the point where I wanted her then and there, but it surely was a plus to know my girl can whip up food at three in the morning and it tasted like Heaven’s plate.