Chapter 4

Knock, knock, knock.

My eyes peeled open, revealing a fairly dark room, with the exception of a lighted desk lamp at the corner of the nightstand. Noticing that I was still in the dress I wore for the BET Awards, I grunted in exhaustion. I reached into my dress's pocket for my cell phone. 3:37 AM.

The knocks of the door started to get louder by the second. Now who would want to see someone at 3 in the damn morning, I thought to myself.

As I opened the door, I was surprised to see that it was Roc, who was dressed in an old DC shirt and some checkered sleeping boxers.

"Uhm.. hi," Roc awkwardly greeted, ending the 'hi' with a slight smile.

He didn't look the least weary. His eyes still had that sparkle in it every time he was pumped to go on stage and rap. I just thought he was still excited from winning the BET Award.

"Hi," I tried to smile, but instead, ended up yawning.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up," he apologized.

"It's fine," I slightly chuckled. He smiled widely. Roc always had that sincere side of him, no matter how tough his appearance looked. "Come in, I guess?"

He shot me a wider smile and walked in, setting himself on my already-messy bed. I did the same, except I gripped onto one of the hotel's fluffy pillows for comfort.

"What'chu need?" I asked, chuckling to myself on my inner "gangster".

"Well um.. I just needed some advice.."

"At 3 in the morning?" He nodded. "About?"

"A girl.."

"Damn," I smirked. "This must be some girl."

"She is!" He exclaimed. I could tell by the way he smiled that he was definitely in love. "I met Colby a couple weeks ago, at the Pittsburg concert. She had backstage passes so the boys and I got to meet her. I got her number and now, I just can't get anymore impatient because I'm waiting for her to text back."

Roc sighed happily. I could see it in his eyes that this Colby girl has been on his mind 24/7. Honestly, it was actually really shocking to see him lovestruck. Just like all the other boys, they were very cautious with their "#1 Girl". In all their interviews, they were being one hundred percent real about their characteristics in finding their girl. And for me to see Roc lovestruck, I was very happy for him.

"I'm happy for you, Roc!" He grinned in motivation. "But wait, what's the advice for, exactly..?"

I saw him quickly get nervous. He rubbed his palms on the side of his thighs. "She asked if there was a chance to meet up again, since we were both in the same area. We're gonna meet up at the mall this weekend."

My eyebrows lifted in confusion. "And..?"

"Nicole! You know how nervous and excited I got just by talking about her! Imagine how I'd be if I actually see her again!" Roc exaggerated a sigh. "I don't wanna ruin our chances of being an actual couple!"

"Roc! Stop stressing yourself!" He inhaled a wad of air, in hopes to calm himself down. "Look, if this Colby chick and you were meant to be, nothing would keep you guys apart. Not even an emotion. Just be yourself, Roc. You're a really.. great guy." I noticed that he slightly smiled. "And plus, don't stress out over the nervousness. Girls like it when guys get shy around them."

Roc began chuckling at himself. I quickly joined him. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks, Nicole. You're the best."

I smiled cheekily. "You know I am!"

Suddenly, Roc stopped laughing. The vibe in the room started to get serious quickly. I stopped smiling, and bit my lip out of habit.

"Uhm.. well.." he hesitated, choosing whether or not to say something. "I heard you and Prod fighting.."

A frown automatically appeared on my face. It was as if that sudden remembrance triggered sadness to fill my entire body. "Oh.. I almost forgot about that."

"Oh, shit! I'm so sor-"

"Don't apologize," I quickly cut him off. "It's not your fault."

Roc sighed deeply. "Look, I'm pretty sure Prod won't let some fight get in between your relationship, especially when it's because you decided not to tell him what Princeton said." He chuckled. "Prod loves you, Nicole. Both of you have known each other since damn birth. Prod has his moments, but he's smart enough to see a perfect girl right infront of him."

I smiled, but on the inside, I was glooming. Oh man, there was so much Roc didn't know. As much desparity I had wanting to tell him that Prod and I weren't really in a relationship, my inner guilt just made me shut up.

A heavy sigh heaved out of my system. "Where is he?" I questioned, in hopes to slightly change the topic.

Roc looked down, apologetically. "He said that he needed some fresh air a while ago, but don't worry! With this cold weather, I'm pretty sure he'll come by sooner or later.."

Needed some fresh air my ass, I thought. I groaned in frustration, knowing I was the reason why he fled. I wasn't really surprised about the fact that he took off; he'd always do that when he was younger. Every time his mother and father were fighting, he'd always get tired of it and run away.. to my house. I've always felt sympathetic for him, but now, I knew that I was now the reason why he left. And because of that, guilt began eating me alive.

Without even knowing, a tear shedded from my right eye. With the sight of it, Roc used his thumb to wipe it away. First, I started heaving. Then, I started bawling. Next thing I knew, I was in Roc's arms, whimpering and bursting into painful tears.

"Shhh," Roc coo'ed, holding onto me tightly. "I'm here for you."