Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning feeling relaxed as ever before. I was still in my BET dress from last night, which made it a huge shocker for me to sleep this great. I reached across the bed for my cellphone. It was sharply seven in the morning.

Damn, I thought in my head. I never woke up this early before unless I had to.

After a quick shower and a change of clothes, I made my way towards the kitchen. I haven't eaten since I left for the awards show, and that was just a quick munch on some left over salad. 

Heading for the refrigerator, I noticed Roc by the island, concentrated on a bowl of some most likely old Cheerios.

"Are you gonna eat that, or.." I giggled.

Roc looked up, and once he made eye contact with me, he welcomed me with a warm smile. "I'm kind've scared to, honestly."

"Is it because it's probably older than us, or because it's your Roc Royal Specialty?" I joked, adding a wink and a slight chuckle.

The "Roc Royal Specialty" was blan cereal mixed mushed with water. He would always joke about that on tour for whatever reason I couldn't care less about. All I knew was that Roc was a complete jokester, mixed with a hint of being a dare devil.

He pretended to look offended. "Hey! The Roc Royal Specialty is for my lady and my lady only!"

"Oh, right." I put my palms together in prayer posture. "Remind me to pray for Colby."

We both bursted into laughs. That was what I loved about Roc the most. Even though we didn't really talk to each other as much as I do with the other boys, we could joke about anything, even when it was offending. When I first met Roc, he was the shy, quiet type. But once you get to know him, he becomes loud, confident, and very humourous. I guess you could say Roc is one of those boys who was aware of the first impression he gave, then once he got to know you, he'll build your relationship up into something unforgettable.

Colby is one lucky girl.

Just then, Princeton walked in. The vibes in the room suddenly changed and mellowed down as both Roc and I stopped laughing.

"Good morning," Roc said, greeting Princeton with yet another meaningful grin.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw Prince fake a smile. He turned to me, loosening up his fake facial expression to a more actual one. "Hey Nicole!"

I shot a slight smile. I still didn't understand what exactly he was telling me backstage back at the BET Awards, but I didn't want to bring that up. Especially due to all the drama it caused.

I saw Prince reach over the counter for an apple from the hotel's fruit basket. He made his way towards the sink to wash it. "Did ya'll see Prod yet? I saw Ray still sleeping but I didn't see Pr-"

 "What?!" I almost screamed in disbelief. "He's still gone?" 

Eyeing them both out, I saw Roc's jaw drop completely open. Prince bit out of his apple, looking innocent as ever.

"Gone? I didn't even know he went." Prince added.

I shook my head in complete doubt. Prod should've been back by now, especially when the New York winds were getting colder at this time of year. My heart was pounding wildly and my palms were shaking. I couldn't believe I almost forgot about Prodigy's runaway escape.

"Princeton!" I heard Roc yell, immediately standing up to hold me. "Look at her! You have her shaking like a dog in the rain!"

 "I'm sorry!" Prince yelled back. "I just asked a simple question," he mumbled under his breath.