Chapter4

“The world suffers a lot.

Not because of the violence of bad people.

But because of the silence of good people.”

-Napoleon

It all happened in 15 seconds as if my life is shattered. I know what ‘hide out’ means. It means no normal life, no school fun, no chatting freely, no nothing. No more fun, usual life, the life that was boring that I was, am and have always been scared to leave it. Billions of thoughts were running in my mind. How can this happen?  Are they serious? How long will the hide out last? Will the Earthians leave? “We have arranged with some people…we’ll be staying at their home until the place is safe.”

Seriously?

Some people?

How is this happening…so suddenly? It seems like a nightmare to me. It will take me forever to recover from this shock…or maybe never…I started packing my items. Mom, dad, Mr. and Mrs. Parker were all discussing something. I felt really very creepy.

30 MINUTES LATER

Everything was ready. For the last time, I bid goodbye to my house. I knew I would miss this house. I would miss everything. We were about to leave when our neighbors old Mr. and Mrs. Pierce came and asked:

“Going somewhere?”

“Nothing special, just kids were insisting for trip, so-you know…” Mom said faking a smile.

They smiled and left gracelessly.

We sat in the solar-car. The car started. A new chapter in my life had begun.

“The biggest problem is the people of earth look like us so it is hard to differentiate them.” Naomi said after a long stillness.

“I know. Once we reach there we should stay together no matter what happens.” Evan said.

“No matter what!” Ira repeated.

“Wh...What’s gonna happen now?” I asked Naomi, as I hugged her.

“Nothing’…I mean there is a war going...” She said hugging me tightly.

“A WAR!” I asked clutching her hand.

“Don’t worry we’re gonna stay together!” she said calmly. Her voice was very soothing and satisfying, I don’t know why but when she said this, felt very sure, as if the war would really stop.