Sixth

The loud clack of wood against wood echoed through the training room as we fought, and fought, and fought.

I could tell that he was going easy on me, but even then, I was panting and struggling to defend against every strike he made.

"Faster, harder. Use your anger to fuel your strength." Kylo instructed as he twirled and lunged. He moved effortlessly through the air like some dangerous animal, while I was the clumsy newborn struggling for life.

I pitied those who faced him on the battle field.
He attacked, I parried.
Attack. Parry.
Attack. Parry.
Attack. Parry.

Kylo whirled around and struck my staff hard with his. I cried out as I blocked it, struggling to hold on as he pushed harder.

He loomed above me, pushing his staff against mine, trying to force me to the ground.
I couldn't focus with that mask hovering inches above me; so I screwed my eyes shut, gripping my staff harder. "Think, you can do this." Kylo's voice echoed through my head.
His real voice.
My knuckles turned white. "Get out of my head!" I hissed.
"Try, KA. Try."

"Get out!" I cried, my knees buckled under the effort it took to continue to hold him off.
"I won't leave until I get what I want, KA."

Releasing a war cry, I pushed up just as I kicked out, forcing him back. I spun my staff and struck out, trying to find some sort of weak spot to hit him in.

Suddenly, the tables turned. I began to attack and Kylo was forced to block.

Attack. Parry.
Attack. Parry.
Attack. Parry.

"Good, keep it up. Don't just brandish it; plan your next move, your every step." Kylo instructed as he deflected and dodged.

"Holy Space Balls, are you even tired?!" I seethed.

Suddenly, a loud beeping came from the door, signaling that someone wanted permission to enter.

Caught off guard, Kylo used my moment of distraction to strike. I cried out as he swiftly disarmed me and knocked me to the floor.
The breath whooshed from my lungs as I hit the cold tiles.

Placing a boot on my chest, he tilted his helmet to the side like a curious dog. "Rule number one, never take your eyes off your opponent." His voice rumbled, sounding almost amused as I scowled up at him.

Keeping his boot on my upper chest even as I pried at it with my fingers, he called out to who ever was at the door to enter.

Unable to see who was there, I wiggled and kicked my legs to no avail.
"Ah, General Hux. A delight as always." Kylo snarled. I froze as my limbs flopped back to the floor.

General Hux was standing right there!
...And I was being pinned to the floor by a boot.

-Well isn't this a lovely first appearance.

"Ren." General Hux said, moving slowly into the room. I could feel the tension swirling through the air, so thick that I held my breath.

"To what do I own the pleasure of your visit?" Something foreign had slipped into Kylo's tone; something cold and distant.

"Phasma sent me." My blood ran cold at the mention of my old captain.

"It seems unusual for you to take orders from her."

"Well since I wasn't busy, and I had been meaning to meet your new apprentice that everybody is yakking on about, I agreed."