Chapter 21 In the mind of Sasuke

Sasuke's body shuddered from the cold rain that was falling, he was underneath a small cliff but even though he was sheltered he could still feel the cold drops plopping down on his skin, much good this spot did huh? He didn't know where he ended up but he did try to scurry away from the village quick as possible he didn't want anyone to find him. He felt in complete shock when he confessed out to Naruto that he wasn't in love with him anymore. Why did he say that? Sasuke knew he was lying, he was probably still in love with Naruto, maybe... At that point back at the fod he was so bitter and so angry at Naruto he couldn't feel anything, he was just sick of his face. Sasuke was the one to hold a grudge, and Naruto did treat him like absolute shit. So why was Sasuke thinking he felt bad now? Maybe it was because he was gone for more than 5 days. He knew everyone cared about him, maybe... his body still slightly aching from..

Sasuke groaned and hid his face in his arms that were rested on his knees. He smelled so bad and he was hungry, the food he brought was running out, so he didn't want to waste anytime eating it. Maybe he was being selfish and should go back to the village. No.. not yet. He felt like he should make Naruto suffer, if he even noticed that he was gone. He could just see him now, off playing again with Kiba, Shino. Sasuke felt a wave of instant jealousy come over him. That-that loser! Sasuke gritted his teeth. No use getting angry over nothing. He should just go back to the village and ignore Naruto if he ever comes across him. Yeah, that's it.

As Sasuke lifted his head up he sighed, and he noticed that rain had stopped. Oh good, maybe now hopefully this feeling of distress would stop as well. Might as well get up off my ass. He stood up banging his head on top of the crevasse. He grabbed his head and angrily muttered curses. He took a step and felt a sting of pain come on, Ohhhhh my assss. I've been sitting too long. Sasuke bent to pick up his things groaning as he did, then he went walking off in a direction he didn't care which direction but as long as he got out of that spot.

-2 hours later-

Where the fuck am I?  Sasuke looked around and the trees were even thicker, now he felt even more lost than he did. He knew he should've went in the other direction. Sasuke's shoulders drooped, he usually had a good sense of direction, but this time not. He was about to give up again, he ran out of drink and this place was hot as hell. The sun was out in the sky high above the trees.. that's it! Sasuke dropped his stuff on the ground and scurried up the trees, using his tree climbing jutsu that they learned when they were kids. And raced away to the top, he turned his head just for a moment and thought he seen Naruto running along side him, Sasuke's eyes widened, Naruto?  But he'd better keep an eye on his surroundings before he hit a branch and go falling, Sasuke nearly missed one too and scaled it.

Finally to the top he was, Sasuk'es eyebrows furrowed as he viewed the area from the tallest tree. There it was, The leaf. He was just way far in the trees, he never come around here before they usually stuck to the trails. He felt a wave of relief wash over his whole body. Instantly thought of Naruto but then anger also came creeping in. No, remember your promise Sasuke. You ignore him like you use to. Sasuke sighed and growled at the thought of it but, he just needed time away from Naruto for awhile. After all he wasn't in love with him anymore right? Pull it together. He rubbed his temples took a deep breath, and set off in the direction of the leaf.