Chapter 17- Trouble ahead

Naruto, Kiba and Shino just finished finding the last object that was meant to be in the light. Bird lime tree sap, the strange thing was that they didn't encounter any other of the teams.

"This shit be strange." Kiba scratched his temple in confusion.

"What the hell you mean?! This was the most easiest task we ever done in our lives of being awesome ninja-" Naruto scrunched up his face when he looked at Kiba because of his rather dumb words.

"No, Naruto. Kiba is right. This was way too easy for us, and it's already getting dark how do we not know if there is something or someone waiting for us to find that last piece."

Naruto stared with a wondering look on his face carefully listening to Shino and Kiba's words.

"-And knowing Naruto he will just jump right on in like a dumbass." Kiba shot Naruto a dirty look.

"Oh shut up. Because any of you guys are too chicken to start a fight with anyone else!" Naruto balled up a fist and glared lightning bolts at Kiba.

"At least we know how to follow a plan, dick wad!" Kiba shouted right back at Naruto. A cloud of death formed over his head.

"Guys shut up. We don't have time for a bra and panties match here." Shino had said in calm manner.

"What makes you think I'm wearing any?" Kiba looked at Shino growling. But Shino only returned a smile and that made Kiba growl even more, so Naruto sneered at Kiba. "Boy you really are a dog."

It was quiet for a few seconds until Kiba snapped a bit. "Let me at 'em!" Kiba tried to push his way past Shino trying to get a beatdown on Naruto. Shino had held him back from attacking Naruto.

"Like I said we don't have time for this, look at all the time wasted already we still need to find that last one! I don't like to repeat myself." Shino pushed Kiba away, causing him to stumble onto the ground.

"Fine, but then after this we will have a one on one session together." Kiba kept his eyes locked on Naruto, he looked hilarious sitting there on his butt covered with dirt. Naruto tried to keep a steady face by holding in his laughter. He had no idea why he thought he looked so hilarious the expression? How he wasn't able to beat him? Naruto didn't know but it was funny. He tossed his head back and poured out a fit of laughter. Shino face palmed, and then punched Naruto's chin to get him to shut up.

"Owww!" Naruto now dropped down on his ass too.

"Let's go, NOW!" It was Shino's turn to growl now. He ended up dragging the both of them by their collars because they were too stubborn to get up, they were competing to each other with whoever gets up first is the dummy. They kept shooting each other that sticking-out-the-tongue look.

By the time it was really dark and very hard to see in the Forest of Death. Naruto and Kiba had settled down and actually decided to help out in the last search. They were walking through the pitch darkness. Kiba kept mumbling on how he wished Hinata was here.

"How are were supposed to look for this damned thing when we can't see shit?!" Kiba pouted his lips at the same time blowing a small gust of air, on his arm hair. He was tired of this and wanted it to end as soon as it started. He didn't feel like being stuck with a bozo like Naruto. Naruto was looking at him from the corner of his eye, watching the outline of Kiba's shadow, it was bent in the most strangest way, it seemed like Kiba's voice was miles away, like it wasn't even Kiba.

"Kiba? Why aren't you complaining anymore?" Naruto softly said to the shadow.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Kiba's voice came calling from way up ahead. "Why are you all the way over there? Hurry up and catch up!"