One

"im fine i swear" she would say to everyone every day. a smile pulling at her lips and a laugh here and there was enough to cover up anything for lexi... no one understood, they were all blind. 'why doesn't anyone notice? why doesn't anyone understand?.... why does everyone believe me?' lexi would think to herself. it's not easy living with an alcoholic and abusive dad, a perfect mom, and a twin who acts like she doesn't even exist when they go to school, even at home he would ignore her... no one saw what was really going on.

staring at the ceiling, lexi sat on the bathroom floor, the door locked, a razor in hand. "i'll only do one cut... then i'll stop" she spoke before looking at her exposed thigh. after a few minutes of thinking lexi hesitantly presses the blade against her pale skin, the girl slowly slid the sharp edge across part of her thigh making her wince and tears sting at her eyes. the pain was there but it was almost refreshing. watching as the small beads of scarlet red blood start to form she slightly bit her lip. "damn that hurt... but i deserve it..." lexi mumbled to herself quietly as she continued to watch the blood seep out of the small yet pretty deep cut on her upper leg. there was a warm feeling dripping down the side of her thigh, the blood was running... she was still alive, great.

"lexi! get your ass down here!" a man called out from down stairs, his words were very slurred so it was a little hard to make out but lexi quickly wiped off the blood from her leg and from the floor before sliding her pants back on.

"coming!" the girl called out while hiding the razor in a small planter they had in the bathroom. why? she never really knew, decoration purposes probably since the plant wasn't even real. with a sigh lexi unlocked the door and walked out only to be greeted by a soju bottle smashing into millions of little pieces after hitting the wall right next to her head. a silent scream escaped her lips at what she saw in front of her. 

"damnit! how many times do i have to tell you?! you're just a bitch who does nothing but whine! instead of getting the things i ask you to get, you go off and cry! really all you do is fucking bitch all the time!" the man yelled at her mother, he's always drunk... always yelling. it never stopped, the girl's father wasn't always like this, the man was once caring and kind, everything a child could really ask for in a dad. but one day... he just snapped and changed.

"stop it! she doesn't deserve this!" lexi yelled as soon as she saw the man raise his arm, getting ready to hit the woman. a rush of panic surged through lexi, but all she did was stand there... frozen. she was about the lunge forwards to get her mom out of the way but a pair of strong arms held her back. looking back to see who it was, she was very surprised "jimin?!"

"don't get in the way lexi... you know how dad gets..." the male spoke softly while pulling his twin away from the couple. "it's no use... even if mom doesn't get hit someone will... you know this" jimin spoke in the same soft tone almost as if he was scared of being heard by anyone other than lexi.

lexi nodded softly and looked away from their parents... only for a few seconds before turning back around. right as she did... it happened so fast. gunshots. maybe four or five... maybe less but who really cared at the moment. their mom... just laying on the ground, a scream of terror rang through the house as lexi ran over to her mothers side. she tried to stop the bleeding but there was just too much

"call an ambulance! call anyone!" the girl screamed out with tears in her eyes, jimin was staring in disbelief, stuck up against the wall and stumbling to get his phone out of his pocket. after a few seconds another gunshot could be heard. the sound of something wet hitting the wall.

"JIMIN CALL SOMEONE!" lexi screamed once again as she continued to try and stop the bleeding that was obviously not stopping. looking over at her father's dead body a slight feeling of relief rushed through her. 'finally the torture ends...' she thought to herself as there would be no more abuse, no more hiding in her room just to escape all of the yelling and fighting. everything was better... but without their mom they would really be nothing.

Well.... This certainly was an interesting starting chapter wasn't it? (Haha) I know that it got pretty gruesome very quick but like I said in the authors notice this will have adult themes so many of these chapters will have scenes similar to this just not with the same situation. I really hope that you enjoyed this chapter... And I hope that you're starting to think about what my little hidden clues in the writing are! Thank you for reading Mr. Know it All!