Chapter 8: That's not a secret

Mia

When I finished telling them who I was and how I got here they were shocked. When they came out of shock Mario asks, “Where is your wolf family now?” Replying back I said, “They are hiding in the forest waiting to see if you will attack me but since you’re not I will tell them it is safe.” I looked back to the forest and called to my parents and Kalka.

“It’s safe they won’t hurt us.” As I finished calling to them I turn back around to see Mike and Mario looking at me.

“What?” I ask them kindly.

“You can talk to them and understand them?” Mike asks.

“Well yeah I can, my family and I can understand the other animals too can’t you?” I replied back with a confused face. Mike shook his head no while Mario said, “No, but there is no one in our kingdom that can do that.” As Mario finished talking my parents came out.

“Hello, welcome to our kingdom. I hope you have a nice stay on our island.” My father said. I laughed at the confused faces of Mike and Mario.

“Father, they don’t understand your langue like I do but I will translate for them.” I told my father after I was done laughing. With Mike’s and Mario’s confused faces I said, “My father says,’ Hello welcome to our kingdom I hope you have a nice stay on our island.’” As Mike and Mario came out of their confused faces Mike said, “Thank you for welcoming us to the island. You know that in a way we are related because I am a prince and you are a king?” I translated what Mike said to my dad.

When I finished what sounded like a growl was really a chuckle from my dad.

“Hah! Boy we are only related by title not by blood.” I told Mike what he said. Mike then was silent for a moment as if he was embarrassed while Mario nodded his head yes. It was silent for a moment as if Mike and Mario were talking though their thoughts.

“Ok, so this is a secret that no one outside of our kingdom except other creatures like us knows.” After Mike finished he started to take off his clothes. As he finished I ask him, “What’s that?” Pointing down to the thing in between his legs.

I ask it because I didn’t have it and I wanted to know why. Mike turned a little red while Mario growled.

“Um….. That is a male part….” I was confused for a moment then I understood what he meant.

“Oh ok, so what is the secret?” Mike was silent then changed into a big brown wolf like his and mine’s hair.

“Ok so what’s the secret?”

I watched as Mario and wolf Mike looked surprised, well as surprised as a wolf can look. Mario still with his surprised look said, “You're not scared?” I shook my head no.

“Am I supposed to be? You still have not answered my question, what’s the secret?” Mario replied, “I guess you don’t have to be scared. The secret is that we, our whole kingdom, turn into werewolves.” I laugh loudly.

“That is not a secret! I can turn into a wolf too see, watch.” It took me a moment but I shifted into my wolf. She is pure white like the sand on the beach. Mike’s and Mario’s jaws dropped. I gave them a confused wolf face. I shifted back with my clothes still on.

When I was back human if it was possible Mario’s and Mike’s jaws dropped even more.

“How can you do that?” Mike asks. I shrug saying, “I don’t know, but from what my parents tell me I have been able to shift since they found me.”

“That’s not possible. Only a royal wolf can shift at an early age. However not just any regular royal wolf, THE royal wolf from an old prophecy that is thousands of century’s old” Mike said. “So that means that you have to be a royal wolf Mia. However that’s not possible because Mike is the prince and the only other royal wolf is his sister Mia that was lost at sea ten years ago……. Wait Mia that might be you. You might be the sister of Mike. There’s just no way to prove this unless you have a golden necklace that’s says Mia on it.” Mario said as he explained to me.

“Well I think I have the necklace that you are describing to me I have on now if you want to see it. I never take it off for two reasons. One of them is it’s my only piece that I have from my past. The other reason is that I don’t know how to take it off.” Replying back to Mario.

“Yes please can we see it? I want to know if you are my long lost sister that everyone thought was dead?” Cried out Mike. I nodded my head. I took out the necklace to show them. When I showed the both of them Mike fell to his knees and started to cry while Mario was standing still with what I think is shock.