Dreamscapes, Part 3 - The Last Stand

Star flew at blazing speeds back into Mewni Castle, eyes covered with tears and teeth clenched together. Her mind kept playing Marco's comments toward her on repeat. 'Everything was just fine before but... here he has the nerve to say those things?! No... Something isn't right about this. That wasn't my Marco.' She jumped off of Cloudy, nodding in thanks as the pink creature vanished into thin air. She ran into the castle and spotted Janna leaning near a door.

"Sup girl you..." Janna noticed the almost pained expression on Star's face. "I heard your parents got sick... and that Marco did something to them?" Star said nothing, only gently pushing her to the side. Sighing in defeat, she followed Star inside. The duo saw Pony Head hovering near the snoring King and Queen.

"Girl, your parents are sleeping babies." Star started thought to let a snicker come out, but it soon devolved into a blank expression. Pony Head awkwardly laughed, hovering over to Star. "B-Fly, those stones are funky. You said Earth Turd had them?"

"Yeah..." Star said quietly, the other girls in the room unsure what to say next. "You can come out now, Glossaryck. I know you're listening." The little man warped into the room, rubbing his beard over the sleeping figures beneath him. She shot him a look that expressed both irritation and bafflement. "How can I fix this?"

He snapped his fingers, placing them on a nearby bed. "Eclipsa's gone and done a number on him, hasn't she?" the little magic man muttered. Star's eyes grew wide, with Glossaryck giving an annoyed expression. "Your parents, kiddo, focus. These stones mess with dreams, preventing you from ever waking you up." Picking up one of the stones, he tilted it around, even tasting it. Ignoring the disgusted groans from others in the room, he darkly chuckled. "Oh, you are clever. Using the boy." He placed the stone down, taking Star's wand.

Star noticed it grow a faint purple, humming like a kitten's purr. The star crystal in the center turned almost transparent, showing a radar-like object in the center. Taking the wand back, Star intently studied it. "Soo... What do I do now? Just, hover this over their heads or something?"

"Yes, but you must enter their dream." He placed his palm over River's and Moon's heads, nearly recoiling when touching the queen. "Oh boy, take care of River first. Interesting nightmare the queen is having." Glossaryck sat on Moon's head, closing his eyes. "Look for the problem, fix it and you should be able to eject everyone just fine! Just... Don't stay too long."

"What is that supposed to-" Before Star could ask further questions, Glossaryck's pupils turned pure white.

"Welp, I guess I'm on my own here." Star grumbled to herself. She looked at Pony Head, who gave a sly smile. "I could use a little backup. Want to tag along on an adventure through my dad's noggin?" She neighed with excitement, making Star release a small laugh.

Before they could do anything further, knocking was heard on the door. "Starship? I was looking for Marco. I wanted to wish him..." The door opened, with Tom looking confused at the group. "Uh... What's going on here?"

"Janna, you fill him in and help my mom out." Star hovered her wand over River, feeling her heart marks glow a bright white. Even Pony Head's sole heart mark glowed. They vanished into the wand, now hovering directly over River. Tom looked on in bewilderment, eventually turning questioningly toward Janna.

"Look hot head, I have no idea what's happening either, but Marco made Star's parents go into some kind of magical coma." Tom sighed, rubbing his third eye. "Yeah, I don't get it either. Want to explore the queen's dream?"

Tom looks at the stones on the ground, eyes narrowing. "These are very rare objects, my kingdom only use these to punish the worst creatures." He looked toward the window, feeling some angered fire escape his pores. "Things are going to get a whole lot worse."

Janna smirked, picking up one of the stones next to Moon. "I wonder if we can shoot some of that magical fire into this puppy and get inside Queenie's head?" Tom's eyes went wide at the suggestion, but Janna continued having her smug smirk. "What? You do know about these dream stones after all."